ROB?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii

ROB?

Post by 0078265317 »

I ebayed a ROB robot nes two and a half years back as the one from when I was a kid was given away and is long gone. The one I ebayed is working fine. He goes up and down. And side to side. But arms don't open. I don't have claws. I found another solution for that. But just interested why he doesn't open and close. And even on ebay now nothing less than 40. 2 for 40 now but untested and for parts. No other description. So I would like to fix this if I can. Not worth get another one. I saw the video and blog about how to fix him if he doesn't move up and down. But nothing to do with the arms. Are the arms an easy fix? Thanks.

Re: ROB?

Post by 0078265317 »

Yes I asked on Nintendo age and Atariage also. Seems after opening and barely putting him back together ( gears kept popping out and so did arms) his gearbox might be shot. Arms fit fine thing fine and are pressed against the white gears and are in the right holes. No luck. Yes moves freely otherwise. Too complicated to repair so I found another solution.

I used to as a kid in the 80's use my feet with that red and blue thing to play the second controller. Or an nes advantage or camerica freedom stick with big buttons for the second controller. Or even better a camerica freedom connect (one with wires plugged in to second controller to make it woreless and right next to you.

And no need to wait for gyros to charge. Just keep him fixed and then move up and down and walla.​

Here is what I did.

youtube.com/watch?v=MvEV7SEvYso
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Odds are the gears are worn out. The one I had that I got rid of some years ago which was my original was fine on the arms but the up and down it would just not happen. I tried all sorts of fixes with it opened up to see how it would behave and it just would not catch right anymore. I think with age the plastic and the motors both fatigue and perhaps slightly change shape with wear/time until it's just useless. I put some hours back on it when it was new but I never ran it into the ground or anything close to that as it was mostly a shelf buddy its life.

Post by 0078265317 »

Gears are not worn out. And up and down is an easy fix.

http://classicgamesblog.com/2012/01/26/ ... the-robot/
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

If it doesnt move at all, gearbox or motor is shot. If it jitters, a gear is shot or a motor is dying. Ca you post up pictures of the gears?

Post by 0078265317 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L1UeiI ... e=youtu.be

I finally found the answer. Too scafred to try my self but here you go.