The Awesome Deals in the Nintendo eShop Thread!

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: The Awesome Deals in the Nintendo eShop Thread!

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

retrosportsgamer wrote:Siesta Fiesta sounds good - man, hoping that's still on sale. I'm going to plunk down some eShop credits to go after some under the radar titles.

I'm looking at:
Gunman Clive HD
Siesta Fiesta
Electronic super joy series

Astral Breakers sounds great, but it's mainly co-op right? Is there any single player piece to this puzzle game?

I can't answer your question about Astral Breakers since I haven't played it. I highly, highly recommend Gunman Clive and Electronic Super Joy, however.

I have played Siesta Fiesta, but I haven't spent more than 10 minutes with it yet. I will pick it back up the next time I am in the mood for a breakout game. (Hazumi scratched that itch for me pretty recently.)
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Hazumi intrigues me now also. I'm a Breakout guy. 8)
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

retrosportsgamer wrote:Electronic super joy series

Just my opinion but I could not get into Electronic Super Joy, the colors and flashing irritated me way too much, and the game was too ordinary to get past that
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

There are some insane deals in the Nintendo eShop right now. Nintendo is running a fantastic sale through December 2, and a lot of third party games have reduced prices through the weekend. I will write more about it later, but for now, I will just say that I completely filled up the SD card in my 3DS with great games, and I plan to fill up my Wii U's internal storage when I get home.

When you are searching for games in the eShop, be sure to click on the "price drops" link rather than the "cyber deals" link so that you can see everything that is on sale.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

I didn't think the sales were that great compared to something like STEAM but for Nintendo it's ok. Anyway there is a bunch of stuff on sale including 1st party retail games, all of the Level-5 Guild games and Inazuma 11(I've been waiting for these to go back on sale), Ace Attorney Trilogy, some Wayforward stuff and a bunch more. It's worth hopping on your system(s) of choice and checking it out.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Of course they're not as good as PC sales, but for us console gamers, it's a godsend! There are Aldo a ton of great indie games on sale such as Adventures of Pip, Chariot, Mutant Mudds Deluxe, Retro City Rampage, Scram Kitty, etc.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Of course they're not as good as PC sales, but for us console gamers, it's a godsend! There are Aldo a ton of great indie games on sale such as Adventures of Pip, Chariot, Mutant Mudds Deluxe, Retro City Rampage, Scram Kitty, etc.

I agree. Did you get anything from this sale?
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
k.vlaros
64-bit

Post by k.vlaros »

Shout out to the game Don't Starve on the Wiiu eShop sale. It's a cool overheard rogue-like where you scavenge a wasteland for food, armor, weapons, etc and have to survive different seasons. Be ready to keep a fire going overnight or the nasties will get you. Sale price like six or seven bucks. Makes OK use of the Gamepad by dumping the map on there.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Picked up Azure Striker Gunvolt for $7.50.

I might give Retro City Rampage another shot. I wasn't thrilled with the PC version back in 2012 but maybe it'll be more at home on the 3DS.

I guess I'm also kind of want to play through it in anticipation of the coming sequel, Shakedown Hawaii.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I picked up a ton of stuff. For the 3DS, I got:

Attack of the Friday Monster
AVGN Adventures
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Crimson Shroud
Liberation Maiden
Weapon Shop de Omasse
Yumi's Odd Oddysee

For the Wii U, I purchased:

Adventures of Pip
Blek
Chariot
Never Alone
Pushmo World

I would have purchased many more games, such as Mutant Mudds, Scram Kitty, Teslagrad, Trine 2, etc., if I did not already have them.