The Awesome Deals in the Nintendo eShop Thread!

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Re: The Awesome Deals in the Nintendo eShop Thread!

Post by retrosportsgamer »

^ I'm holding off until the fall for the Switch - second hardware run, etc. I forgot their was DLC for the WiiU version, I'd rather have the complete. Thanks!
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

retrosportsgamer wrote:^ I'm holding off until the fall for the Switch - second hardware run, etc. I forgot their was DLC for the WiiU version, I'd rather have the complete. Thanks!

If you do happen to see it on sale on the Wii U eShop, I'd totally say get it - it's fun as shit, and the devs deserve support - but yeah, the Switch game is Wii U on steroids.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
retrosportsgamer wrote:prfsnl - does Fast Racing NEO go on sale often?

Honestly I wouldn't bother if you have a Switch (if you haven't gotten a Switch yet, then first shame on you and second disregard this). Fast RMX is a dramatically enhanced and visually improved port of NEO with all the DLC.

If you don't yet have a Switch yet and want Neo it hasn't gone on sale much. I think I did get a slight discount when I picked it up. This game is another example of NOE being better then NOA as they got a nice retail edition and we got nothing.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

75% off atooi games on the eShop. Would def recommend Bomb Monkey.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

There's an E3 sale going on right now which is kind of notable for one thing: somewhat rare 50% off VC titles like Link to the Past, Super Metroid and Super Mario Kart. And this includes the 3DS versions (New 3DS required) at $3.99 a piece.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

retrosportsgamer wrote:There's an E3 sale going on right now which is kind of notable for one thing: somewhat rare 50% off VC titles like Link to the Past, Super Metroid and Super Mario Kart. And this includes the 3DS versions (New 3DS required) at $3.99 a piece.

Nothing on Switch's eShop, I assume?

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

No us Switch owners got screwed, but then again, what is there of a VC to discount anyway? Nothing.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

The Wii U shop has some good games on sale, including Terraria, Severed (which is a cross-buy with the 3DS) and... wait for it... Epic Dumpster Bear.

I finally bought that last one.

If I don't like it, I'm blaming it on you bastards for constantly bringing it up and giving me unreasonable expectations.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

If you don't like Epic Dumpster Bear, there's something wrong with you.

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

If you have a 3DS, I recommend Chicken Wiggle and Cursed Castilla EX. The first is a charming 2D platformer with a powerful level editor from former Renegade Kid developers. (Renegade Kid made Mutant Mudds, Xeodrifter, etc.) I suspect it will be ported to the Switch at some point, but in case it isn't, you should pick it up while it is on sale.

Cursed Castilla EX is as close as we are going to get to a new Ghouls 'n Ghosts game. It lovingly re-creates the series' aesthetics, with some delightful touches to make it here you are playing an old arcade game on your 3DS. It is also very, very challenging...but fair. I have an surprised by how much I enjoy it, and I suspect I will be spending a lot of time with it through it shortly after I get through Samus Returns.

Both games are on sale in the eShop right now, and I suggest looking into both if either sound interesting to you.

Also, Epic Dumpster Bear is great. It is like The Room of video games.