Nintendo Handheld Gaming Thread (Game Boy to DS)

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo Handheld Gaming Thread (Game Boy to DS)

Post by alienjesus »

I promised a pic, so here we go. A lot of these are a bit worse for wear, but I prefer to think of them as 'well loved'. The DS phat has literally been around the whole world with me - I took it when I went travelling and it crossed the international date line with me!

The consoles here are:

New 3DS XL (Majora's Mask edition)
3DS XL (Smash Bros edition)
3DS (black)
DSi XL (Brown)
DSi (Black)
DS phat (Silver)
Game Boy Advance SP (Silver)
Game Boy Advance SP (Metallic Blue)
Game Boy Advance SP (Metallic Pink)
Game Boy Advance (Indigo)
Game Boy Advance (Clear blue)
Game Boy Colour (Purple)
Game Boy Pocket (Clear)
Game Boy Classic (Clear) - Broken, unfortunately :(
Game & Watch Ball (Club Nintendo version)
Pokémon Mini (Smoochum Purple)
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I've got that very G&W along with an original SMB and also the nelsonic Zelda watch in black, everything else (and I had at least a dozen) I liquidated some years back, the last of those the Zelda one.

If anything all I see there the one I wish I still had was that dippy little Pokemon Mini. It's so basic it's dumb, but it's dumb fun, especially with the pinball one and tetris.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Looking at possibly upgrading an original GBA with a AGS101 screen, a glass lens, and usb charging power of some sort. I prefer the original GBA to the SP or Micro in size and how it fits in my hands. Combined with an Everdrive I could be in Nintendo handheld heaven.

I am just tired of playing GBA games on my telephone.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Wise move. Mind you, if you make one yourself keep the total damage under $100 because you can get one like you said for that with a little patience on ebay or private boards.

Like you I prefer that form best, feels like a meaty SNES controller (minus X+Y) and the fact you can use off the shelf batteries is very important for longevity.