NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Amiibo!!

by BogusMeatFactory Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:35 pm

Blu wrote:I picked up DK and Zelda today. I could've picked up Diddy Kong too, because they're buy one get one 40% off at Toys R Us. I'm really excited for Sheik, Toon Link, and Ganondorf. Sonic for sure too. Any more rumors about that short print run?

You should have picked up diddy kong as the second set doesn't come out until tomorrow. Meijer's shipment didn't have street dates posted on it so the majority of stores have them on shelves. I'm a dick at my work and made sure no one sold them until tomorrow.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:28 pm

Don't mean to double post, but if you are in the midwest and have a Meijer, GO GET THE SECOND SET NOW! They put them out a week ahead of time (except my store) and they are all out except for Zelda, which they received a lot of in comparison to the other figures. Went shopping and saw they were out of every figure, minus zelda. checked the stocks of other stores and the entire Detroit area is devoid of the new set excluding Zelda.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:35 pm

Yeah I am looking for a diddy kong for my wife and cant seem to find one to order now...
vatermuzik
64-bit

by vatermuzik Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:02 pm

All Diddy's and Little Mac's are gone everywhere around here. Only Zelda's are left. Apparently the others in wave 2 haven't been released yet? I'm confused. Slimy people are on Kijiji selling Diddy and Mac for $50 each.

This is all getting silly, very quickly.
darsparx
Next-Gen

by darsparx Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:46 pm

vatermuzik wrote:All Diddy's and Little Mac's are gone everywhere around here. Only Zelda's are left. Apparently the others in wave 2 haven't been released yet? I'm confused. Slimy people are on Kijiji selling Diddy and Mac for $50 each.

Of course sounds like a big issue of supply not meeting demand but do hav eto give them credit that it hasn't been around long enough to probably get manufacturing supply up to match the demand especially for some of the popular ones(I want to buy some myself but considering waiting until the dust settles and supply is better to find ones that would be great to have :lol: )
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:58 pm

vatermuzik wrote:All Diddy's and Little Mac's are gone everywhere around here. Only Zelda's are left. Apparently the others in wave 2 haven't been released yet? I'm confused. Slimy people are on Kijiji selling Diddy and Mac for $50 each.

Yeah those amiibos were released to stores without any street date on the packaging, even though there is an actual street date so a lot of the big box stores just put them on the shelves without doing the research. The three that were released were Zelda (in mass), and Diddy Kong and Little Mac with very limited numbers. My store got three of each and 12 Zeldas.

Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:57 pm

I imagine it's just a shortage of supply rather than them going out of print. I'll stop at ToysRUs tomorrow on the way home and maybe they'll be there. I hear the lucario toysrus exclusive will be gouged to the max.

LittleMac and Diddy Kong I hope will still be there.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:00 am

You guys (and Nintendo) are making me nervous. I really want a Little Mac and I don't like the prospect of missing him and having to pay 2x or more for the little bugger.

On the plus side, I also want Zelda and it sounds like she's out in abundance. I guess they'll place her next to the multiple copies of Peach still sitting on the shelves at all the stores around here :lol:
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:40 am

I put my stores Little Macs in a box and said, "NO SELLING UNTIL 12/14!!!"

Go to buy one tonight at midnight.....box is empty...out of stock. SERIOUSLY!!!

Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:07 am

Looks like I should've bought them when I had the chance. The subreddit has them all gone from my local toys r us. Oh well, got Zelda at least. Nintendo would be absolutely stupid to not remake these after the first few waves.

Kinda kicking myself, because the buy one get one 40% off is killer at toysrus.
Return to Nintendo