NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Amiibo!!

by emwearz Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:33 pm

I think I will hold off until I can buy them secondhand and cheaply at EB or something. The payoff seems so minimal in the way of unlocking some skins, etc.

Link seems the only way to go at the moment if I was going to pay retail for them, purely because he has the highest and most useful content unlocks (more so if you consider Zelda integration in the future somehow).
disrupture
8-bit

by disrupture Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:46 pm

I bought Yoshi because I was really hyped. I really love the build quality for the price. Too bad they stopped making the Villager, Marth and Wii Fit Trainer, I wanted a complete set but they're gonna be so expensive (they already are).
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:19 pm

Yeah, I wonder if the conflicting reports will be straightened out. I didn't realize that these things were going to be limited prints, which seems pretty darn strange given that there's probably a fair amount of demand.

At the Meijer I went to in Ann Arbor Jon, it said that Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Marth were all discontinued on the label where they used to be stocked. Strange!
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:36 pm

Blu wrote:Yeah, I wonder if the conflicting reports will be straightened out. I didn't realize that these things were going to be limited prints, which seems pretty darn strange given that there's probably a fair amount of demand.

At the Meijer I went to in Ann Arbor Jon, it said that Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Marth were all discontinued on the label where they used to be stocked. Strange!

Weird! Our stuff hasn't changed, but we did get Diddy Kong zelda and little mac... must be replacing those three empty spots.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:42 am

well shit now I don't want to open my Marth :(
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:46 am

ninjainspandex wrote:well shit now I don't want to open my Marth :(

And Nintendo put a strip on the figure so that you can't just use it while it stays in the box! Curse them!!!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
SNKnicotine
128-bit

by SNKnicotine Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:05 am

I bought two amiibos today (both with defects) The first one is a Yoshi that was never set into the plastic mold that holds it in place making the amiibo jar around in the package. The second one I picked up (unexpectedly) was a samus figure which has been dubbed drunk samus because she is leaning/tilted to the side giving the illusion of being off balance.
Klassic PlastiK @ youtube.com/KlassicplastiK
Currently playing:Super Smash bros.(4)(3DS/WiiU)
Currently reading: Batman: Death of a Family
AppleQueso wrote:You can't even pronounce "RPG" or "FPS" like you can "Shmup"
Arpuhguh? Fffpiss? Bah!
"Shmup" is far more elegant!
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:54 am

BogusMeatFactory wrote:And Nintendo put a strip on the figure so that you can't just use it while it stays in the box! Curse them!!!

Ha ha, yes this was pure genius from a marketing perspective.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Flake

by Flake Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:51 am

Exhuminator wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:And Nintendo put a strip on the figure so that you can't just use it while it stays in the box! Curse them!!!

Ha ha, yes this was pure genius from a marketing perspective.

I opened my Princess Toadstool after I couldn't get it to read on the NFC. The moment I saw that little foil strip, I knew that Nintendo had shit figured out.

I was honestly surprised that the company that took so long to figure out the Internet is a thing that is had DRM for NFC toys down right away.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:09 pm

I picked up DK and Zelda today. I could've picked up Diddy Kong too, because they're buy one get one 40% off at Toys R Us. I'm really excited for Sheik, Toon Link, and Ganondorf. Sonic for sure too. Any more rumors about that short print run?
Return to Nintendo