Amiibo!!

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Amiibo!!

Post by alienjesus »

With the rumours of Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager being out of print already, I thought I'd have a hunt around to see if I could find any.

I had no luck with Villager, but I have a Wii Fit Trainer in the post (along with Peach) and my mum is picking up Marth from her local Argos store for me tomorrow.

Gonna have to get ahead of the game on some of the later ones. Particularly the third batch of characters which has a lot more obscure ones that may have lower production runs.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Nintendo is f'ng brilliant. This will be the new "It prints money" meme.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

alienjesus wrote:With the rumours of Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager being out of print already, I thought I'd have a hunt around to see if I could find any.

I had no luck with Villager, but I have a Wii Fit Trainer in the post (along with Peach) and my mum is picking up Marth from her local Argos store for me tomorrow.

Gonna have to get ahead of the game on some of the later ones. Particularly the third batch of characters which has a lot more obscure ones that may have lower production runs.

I think it's not true about those characters being discontinued.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/08/ni ... ving-soon/
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

hashiriya1 wrote:
alienjesus wrote:With the rumours of Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager being out of print already, I thought I'd have a hunt around to see if I could find any.

Then you have conflicting reports like this:
http://kotaku.com/nintendo-warns-not-al ... 1668352067

Either way, I know they're hard to find at the minute and I wasn't taking chances. I really wanted Marth anyway.
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

alienjesus wrote:
hashiriya1 wrote:

Then you have conflicting reports like this:
http://kotaku.com/nintendo-warns-not-al ... 1668352067

Either way, I know they're hard to find at the minute and I wasn't taking chances. I really wanted Marth anyway.

If it is true there are always the Japanese market amiibos. The yen is dirt cheap now, too. The packaging is nearly identical and they are region free. Just another option out there.
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

The only Amiibos I don't have are Peach and Pikachu, which I will get shortly.

From the start, I made sure to get Wii Fit Trainer, Marth, and Villager since I had a feeling Nintendo wasn't going to produce enough of them. We will see if Nintendo actually manufactures more of them. I think it is silly that they don't since there is demand for them. I hate when companies artificially create a shortage.

Is anyone else really looking forward to Wave 2? I have them all pre-ordered at Best Buy and for me it has some of the coolest characters. Little Mac, Falcon, Pit? I'm in!
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

At my job, we got our second shipment of Amiibos. Peach, Mario, Samus, Pikachu, Kirby, Link..... no Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:At my job, we got our second shipment of Amiibos. Peach, Mario, Samus, Pikachu, Kirby, Link..... no Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.

Interesting. I am really surprised that Nintendo would cut off their availability this soon. I'd think they would want to produce and sell as many of them before the holiday shopping season is over. On the other hand, Nintendo does have a habit of miscalculating the popularity of their products and failing to manufacture enough to meet demand. (e.g. Gamecube Controller Adapter for Wii U)

Importing will be the best option for those that didn't get them. The prices are getting quite ridiculous at Amazon. Villager is up to $60 new and Marth is at $65 right now. :lol:
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

And to think I got my Marth Link and Samus for $10 each from that 3 for $30 deal at Toys r' Us :lol:
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

FerretGamer wrote:Nintendo does have a habit of miscalculating the popularity of their products and failing to manufacture enough to meet demand.

Artificial scarcity is old hat Nintendo 101. Those amiibos will be back, bet on it.

But it's going to take a zero suit Samus for me to buy one.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.