Amiibo!!

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
vatermuzik
64-bit

Re: Amiibo!!

Post by vatermuzik »

I really just want these for the shelf appeal. I've got Fox, Samus and Link so far. I'll probably pick up Pit when he comes out. I also put a few on my xmas wish list.

I have no interest in completing the collection. I'll just stick to the characters I really want.
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Post by Snatch1414 »

I guess Wii Fit Trainer will be deemed rare once they all get scooped up, but I've seen them all over the place.
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Huh, I haven't seen any near me.

Anyways, I don't feel like waiting for restocks or dealing with price gougers, so I just pre-ordered the ones I think will be harder to find.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

foxhound1022 wrote:Huh, I haven't seen any near me.

Anyways, I don't feel like waiting for restocks or dealing with price gougers, so I just pre-ordered the ones I think will be harder to find.

And here we have Nintendo's plan working flawlessly
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Post by Snatch1414 »

ninjainspandex wrote:
foxhound1022 wrote:Huh, I haven't seen any near me.

And here we have Nintendo's plan working flawlessly

Occam's razor says: Or it could just be that the bean counters at Nintendo determine which figures most people could give less of a crap about and order accordingly. Most Wii U owners don't peruse retro game forums everyday or care about how rare a toy is I assure you. They want a little Nintendo figure of their favorite character, hence the scarcity of some compared to the Marios and Pikachus of the world.
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Snatch1414 wrote:I guess Wii Fit Trainer will be deemed rare once they all get scooped up, but I've seen them all over the place.

I saw about five or six of the Trainers at one store, so of the three figures being discontinued, I'd say it's probably the least wanted.

Kind of surprised they're already nixing some figures only a couple weeks after releasing them. I mean, I sort of had a hunch that they'd limit production on a couple of the less known/sought after characters, but that seems a bit fast to me. But, whatever. Glad I scooped up Marth when I did. I've seen the Villager and Fit Trainer at a couple different locations, but I've only spotted Marth once.
Flake

Post by Flake »

I just want a Captain Toad amiibo. Captain Toad is my new spirit animal. He is the totem that I draw my power from and he deserves to be immortalized in all his backpack wearing glory in Amiibo form.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Michi wrote:
Snatch1414 wrote:I guess Wii Fit Trainer will be deemed rare once they all get scooped up, but I've seen them all over the place.

I saw about five or six of the Trainers at one store, so of the three figures being discontinued, I'd say it's probably the least wanted.

Kind of surprised they're already nixing some figures only a couple weeks after releasing them. I mean, I sort of had a hunch that they'd limit production on a couple of the less known/sought after characters, but that seems a bit fast to me. But, whatever. Glad I scooped up Marth when I did. I've seen the Villager and Fit Trainer at a couple different locations, but I've only spotted Marth once.

I've spotted a few Wii Fit Trainers and managed to find a Marth, but the Villager is nowhere to be found :(
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

I smell a potential trading thread going on soon. It seems so strange that these are selling out so quickly! I only have Link so far. I'd love to get my hands on the Villager especially; when did that second batch come out, or did the Villager come out a week later?

But I find the idea of getting the original Smash Brothers crew alluring.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I just checked the stock of the three, Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer and there are zero within the entire metro detroit area with our retail chain. Crazy!

Got the second set of figures that come out soon. They look great! WE will see which ones sell faster.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.