Amiibo!!

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
girlracer
Next-Gen

Re: Amiibo!!

Post by girlracer »

jmbarnes101 wrote:Pink and Blue Yoshi came out today along with the Yoshi Wooly World green pack in figure. All of them are very well made and I would suggest getting at least one.

yep they're cute, I imported from japan and when my niece saw them she wanted a blue so I had to order more this week. was supposed to have my Yoshi bundle from Best Buy but UPS decided not to put it on a truck and now its in Minnesota.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Will that green one sell alone? I'm kind of tempted as a desk toy since it's uniquely not just another plastic toy.
girlracer
Next-Gen

Post by girlracer »

Tanooki wrote:Will that green one sell alone? I'm kind of tempted as a desk toy since it's uniquely not just another plastic toy.

gohastings had it for preorder yesterday with a nov release (sorry can't remember the exact date) so all signs point to yes. it was also released as stand alone in japan.
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

Nintendo really seems to be turning around the amiibo stock issue. I went into Toys R Us yesterday and they had at least 20 of the pink and blue Yoshi. They also had Little Mac, which I know was previously a hard one to get. I was also able to grab the 30th anniversary retro Mario from Best Buy. I am a whole lot more tempted to buy these as an impulse buy, than worry about pre ordering, waiting in line, or paying scalpers.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

jay_red wrote:Nintendo really seems to be turning around the amiibo stock issue... I am a whole lot more tempted to buy these as an impulse buy, than worry about pre ordering, waiting in line, or paying scalpers.

I actually think they're doing better on the pre-ordering front as well. For instance, Falco is still up for pre-order at Best Buy and I'm pretty sure Dr. Mario was still available up until release day. And even the ones that don't last that long are up exponentially longer than they used to be.

Just yesterday Mewtwo was available for preorder at Walmart for around an hour. That's leagues better than the 3-4 minutes a lot of the earlier waves lasted.
girlracer
Next-Gen

Post by girlracer »

yep. I've got falco at best buy, mewtwo, the ac 3pk, tom nook, and mabel ordered at Walmart. lottie is going to be a target exclusive. I got the mii fighters already from japan via amazon. I ordered the mega Yoshi from amazon.de, because it being a tru exclusive and my nearest tru is about 1.5 hours away and I heard it was extremely limited in Canada when it released Friday.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Ok i'm just wondering, if anyone got that retro 3 pack from gamestop how are you storing the Mr Game and watch extra inserts? I know I could just leave it on top of my bookcase in it's casing, but I still don't feel safe knowing my luck with losing stuff... (which now my collection has grown to SMB mario, Dog hunt duo, R.O.B., and G&W Man 8) really need to get that caught up to some extent so many I keep debating getting but need to just bite the bullet...)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
girlracer
Next-Gen

Post by girlracer »

darsparx wrote:Ok i'm just wondering, if anyone got that retro 3 pack from gamestop how are you storing the Mr Game and watch extra inserts? I know I could just leave it on top of my bookcase in it's casing, but I still don't feel safe knowing my luck with losing stuff... (which now my collection has grown to SMB mario, Dog hunt duo, R.O.B., and G&W Man 8) really need to get that caught up to some extent so many I keep debating getting but need to just bite the bullet...)

You could buy this on ebay; http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Piece-Figurin ... 1769210479 or http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Watch-Amii ... 2005489059
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I put them in my desk in the plastic tray they shipped snapped into them.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Found what amounts to a holy grail here in San Antonio, completely by chance: Yoshi Wooly World with Amiibo bundle and the Splatoon 3-pack!

Splatoon 3 pack leaves me with an extra loose Girl Squidling so if anyone needs her, let me know!
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?