Amiibo!!

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Re: Amiibo!!

Post by Snatch1414 »

If worst comes to worst find a store like Target that lets you order one online and pick it up. That's how I got Marth after their "in stock at store" designation lied to me like four times. It's not fool proof (I didn't even expect them to have it set aside when I got there) but it worked.

Currently the new ones are showing stock but not available for store pick up. I imagine that will change since they just came out.
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Shit, I pre-ordered and already paid for mine.

I ordered them from Wal-Mart, since they were offering free shipping. Capt. Falcon and Shulk I pre-ordered from GS, since that was the only place I could find them at the time.
Damm64
Next-Gen

Post by Damm64 »

Only today i managed to see one of the figures in person and these things are beautifull and with incredible detail considering they cost 13$ (about 25$ here in my country since stores have to make a profit)

I just want one of samus... and link... and maybe diddy kong... DAMN IT NINTENDO!
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

newegg.com seems to be a decent spot to look for them as well, if you have premier.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

Man I hope they one day do an Amiibo of Castlevania characters, I'd be all over a Richter Belmont or an Alucard.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

I bet Nintendo is just watching it all pile up.

I'd love Amiibos of my favorite Animal Crossing Characters. I think they can assess what would be popular and get out a few expansions here and there.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Blu wrote:I bet Nintendo is just watching it all pile up.

This is where Nintendo's culture of secrecy and closed doors drives me nuts. I honestly do NOT think they expected this level of success. I don't for a moment believe they anticipated amiibo being commercial failures, but the low level of product shipped tells me that they expected to move a couple of figures to some of the Smash Bros players and call it a day.

These things are addictive. I buy them because I like the way they look. I buy them because I'm bored. I buy them because I had a bad day at work.

Kind of like how they cautiously declared the Nintendo DS as a third pillar of their product offerings (to stand along side the Gamecube and Gameboy brands), I think Nintendo did a run of these things because 'hey, maybe they will catch on' and now they are watching stunned as the money pours in.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Yep, I am in agreement with you for exactly the same reasons you outlined, Flake. It's probably quite a surprise for Nintendo to see how well this has taken off, and the functionality hasn't been all that much so far in comparison to some of the programming required of the Skylander Series or Disney Infinity, though I am ignorant of that side of the work.

You're right though, I love the way they look, i haven't even messed with one in Smash Brothers yet. People love training them though from what I hear.

I wonder what their plan is now that they've seen the initial rush and buzz with the release of Amiibo. Are they going to take a cautious and conservative approach and not reprint some of their now rarer figures that had initial low supply and print? Or are they going to ride the wave and bank on the craze isn't one that's superinflated because of the holiday season?

I find it all so interesting, and exciting since I'm in on the buzz of it all. Went back to Toys R Us after visiting family this weekend, and no Diddy Kong or Little Mac, plenty of Zelda.

I'm still steadfast on the idea of having the original Smash Brothers Crew and the Zelda franchise characters, along with Sonic. Seems like Captain Falcon will be challenging. Then I'm done, unless Nintendo does something else to wow me.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

So I have Zelda and I grabbed Fox instead of Little Mac. What sucks, is that I feel I could go the route of getting Little Mac and selling him for a lot of money, but I really want him just for me.

If I sell him, I could probably get a bunch of money for more Amiibos... but I also don't want to be a jerk. Do I have a problem? Yes....yes I do!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
vatermuzik
64-bit

Post by vatermuzik »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:So I have Zelda and I grabbed Fox instead of Little Mac. What sucks, is that I feel I could go the route of getting Little Mac and selling him for a lot of money, but I really want him just for me.

If I sell him, I could probably get a bunch of money for more Amiibos... but I also don't want to be a jerk. Do I have a problem? Yes....yes I do!

I think your dilemma is a common one. I know that I've often thought, "What if I do come across a Marth or Villager or any other rare figure. Would I just buy it to flip? Would I keep it and open it to display with the rest? Would I keep it and leave it sealed, in case they never make them again?"

I'd like to think that I would just leave it on the shelf and move on as I don't even want these "rare" characters anyway, but who knows. This is not why I started buying these toys. I just wanted some cool statues of my favorite game characters.