Ongoing GameCube discussion thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Re: Ongoing GameCube discussion thread

Post by jmbarnes101 »

Exhuminator wrote:Well guys, I've got a mint condition complete Kirby Air Ride. I've owned it for years and years, and have never even played it. I'm willing to trade it for a complete and working copy of this:

PM me if you're up for it.

Ha! Good luck on that swap.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

If it's there still I know a retail store selling one of those just like that in the box, but I would imagine shipping would be a complete pain in the ass.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

jmbarnes101 wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:Well guys, I've got a mint condition complete Kirby Air Ride. I've owned it for years and years, and have never even played it. I'm willing to trade it for a complete and working copy of this:

PM me if you're up for it.

Ha! Good luck on that swap.

This isn't that far off being an equal value trade if they were both PAL copies. :(
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

That's a scary thought. Those Steel Battalions, especially CIB, are worth a small fortune.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

jmbarnes101 wrote:That's a scary thought. Those Steel Battalions, especially CIB, are worth a small fortune.

To be fair, I'm comparing the higher ending auctions for Kirby with the lower end of auction prices for Steel Battalion, but y'know, the fact that that's still comparable is sad.

£45-70 for Kirby and £65-100 or so for Steel Battalion for auctions.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

It is very sad, but it shows how people are treating Nintendo stuff as time has progressed. As one got well up there driving people to another, each inched along. NES, SNES, N64, and GC. Anything first party and anything of decent name value or quality has gone up beyond inflation, sometimes extremely so (2x, 2.5x, 3...4...) it's nuts. The fact a Kirby game some panned since it was a line racer and not a platformer can get as much or usually more than a full boxed (HUGE boxed) set of hardware and game for Steel Battalion paints a picture quite well.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Tanooki wrote:The fact a Kirby game some panned since it was a line racer and not a platformer can get as much or usually more than a full boxed (HUGE boxed) set of hardware and game for Steel Battalion paints a picture quite well.

Thats only the PAL version. Which I believe was a limited print run.

In the US, Kirby Airride is going for around $30, where as Steel Battalion is going for $150+
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

fastbilly1 wrote:In the US, Kirby Airride is going for around $30, where as Steel Battalion is going for $150+

Hey I'll even throw in a copy of Smash Bros. Melee in excellent condition.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

fastbilly1 wrote:
Tanooki wrote:The fact a Kirby game some panned since it was a line racer and not a platformer can get as much or usually more than a full boxed (HUGE boxed) set of hardware and game for Steel Battalion paints a picture quite well.

Thats only the PAL version. Which I believe was a limited print run.

In the US, Kirby Airride is going for around $30, where as Steel Battalion is going for $150+

Huh last time I saw it local it was like $50 or $60 at lame old Buy it Now (Half Price) Books going for as much as possible. I don't keep up well on Gamecube stuff because I don't go after it, and if I actually found one I wanted I'd look it up on my phone or trade someone online at this rate. :) I know GC stuff is starting to creep up, a few at least, not as much % wise as N64 has and definitely not NES and SNES.