Page 37 of 46

Re: Ongoing GameCube discussion thread

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:12 pm
by retrosportsgamer
Doubled my GC collecting for the month by finally acquiring Kirby Air Ride. given the regular market i didn't think my initial bid would hold but ended up getting it for under $30. That had been one that was rising. It's in nice shape too.

Re: Ongoing GameCube discussion thread

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:15 pm
by alienjesus
retrosportsgamer wrote:Doubled my GC collecting for the month by finally acquiring Kirby Air Ride. given the regular market i didn't think my initial bid would hold but ended up getting it for under $30. That had been one that was rising. It's in nice shape too.


This side of the pond, £50+ isn't uncommon. I remember seeing it go for £10-15 5 years back. Kirby 64 is doing the same. Kirby seems to have had a sharp increase in popularity lately.

Might be a good idea to get on some of his rarer outings whilst the going is good!

Re: Ongoing GameCube discussion thread

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:58 pm
by jmbarnes101
I still need to grab Kirby Air Ride. I regret turning it down for $30 at this point.

If anyone is interested I have a Digimon World 4 CIB I'm willing to sell or trade for something.

Re: Ongoing GameCube discussion thread

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:35 pm
by Sarge
I picked it up really cheap from GameStop when they were clearing out GC stock. Disc-only, but given what I paid for it (well under $10), it's something I can survive.

Re: Ongoing GameCube discussion thread

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:23 pm
by ElkinFencer10
Sarge wrote:I picked it up really cheap from GameStop when they were clearing out GC stock. Disc-only, but given what I paid for it (well under $10), it's something I can survive.

You can always go to TheCoverProject and print off a cover for it. That's what I do when I find a disc-only game at too ridiculously low a price to turn down.

Re: Ongoing GameCube discussion thread

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:34 pm
by jmbarnes101
Or you can buy a case/instructions off of EBay to give him a proper home. That's what I did for Lost Kingdoms.

Re: Ongoing GameCube discussion thread

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:53 pm
by Exhuminator
jmbarnes101 wrote:Or you can buy a case/instructions off of EBay to give him a proper home. That's what I did for Lost Kingdoms.

This is what I do as well when I'm missing stuff from a game. Usually cases or manuals are quite cheap off eBay.

Re: Ongoing GameCube discussion thread

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:19 pm
by ElkinFencer10
jmbarnes101 wrote:Or you can buy a case/instructions off of EBay to give him a proper home. That's what I did for Lost Kingdoms.

I did that for Pikmin 3. For most games, I take the cheaper route of printing cover art off and using a blank case, but for games that are either valuable (like Pikmin 3) or are games that I REALLY love, I do go the extra mile and get a loose case on eBay.

Re: Ongoing GameCube discussion thread

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:30 pm
by Sarge
I don't know why I didn't think of getting them on eBay. It's not a huge priority, of course, but it'd be nice.

EDIT: Oh, that's why. It's actually relatively pricey. :(

Re: Ongoing GameCube discussion thread

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:24 pm
by Exhuminator
Well guys, I've got a mint condition complete Kirby Air Ride. I've owned it for years and years, and have never even played it. I'm willing to trade it for a complete and working copy of this:
Image

PM me if you're up for it.