NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Ongoing GameCube discussion thread

by ElkinFencer10 Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:55 pm

Nintendo really doesn't make bad consoles (haven't played the Virtual Boy, so I can't judge it and am thus excluding it). I obviously love some more than others, but everything's good.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:58 pm

We need Super Monkey Ball U.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:07 pm

Xeogred wrote:We need Super Monkey Ball U.

We need Metroid Prime 4.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:29 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
Xeogred wrote:We need Super Monkey Ball U.

We need Metroid Prime 4.

Hell yes to both of those!
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:39 pm

If I was feeling honest...

Nintendo consoles:

1. NES
2. SNES
3. Wii
4. GameCube / Panasonic Q
5. N64
6. Color TV Game
7. Wii U

Nintendo handhelds:

1. Nintendo DS
2. Game Boy
3. Game Boy Advance / SP (not a fan of Micro)
4. Nintendo 3DS
5. Game Boy Color
6. Virtual Boy
7. Game & Watch
8. Pokemon Pikachu series
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:08 pm

Exhuminator wrote:Nintendo handhelds:

8. Pokemon Pikachu series

Did you mean the Pokémon Mini here? Because, y'know, that is an actual handheld gaming system with multiple games, and the Pokémon Pikachu was a glorified pedometer with some minor tamagotchi elements built in.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:22 pm

alienjesus wrote:Did you mean the Pokémon Mini here? Because, y'know, that is an actual handheld gaming system with multiple games, and the Pokémon Pikachu was a glorified pedometer with some minor tamagotchi elements built in.

I meant all forms of the handheld Pikachu systems by Nintendo.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:24 pm

No there's a Tamagotchi/Pedometer thing called Pocket Pikachu, it was black and white, worked with nothing but itself, but there was a GBC screen style model 2 that had an IR port that works with the GBC games.

Pokemon Mini though yeah I've had one of those back in the 90s, it's fun in short bursts, but the disgusting fanboy tax price on those things since they're not prolific makes it stunning why anyone would even bother. There was a small line up in Japan, and a slightly smaller one in the AUS/EU market, and then the US got stiffed with the fewest perhaps as American's caught on fastest it wasn't that fun so they cut the releases.

I don't remember all the games, but there was a Pokemon Party, Pinball, Tetris(we didn't get it), and a few others. I doubt it had more than 6-10 games, it came in smaller than Virtual Boy did.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:52 am

Tanooki wrote:No there's a Tamagotchi/Pedometer thing called Pocket Pikachu, it was black and white, worked with nothing but itself, but there was a GBC screen style model 2 that had an IR port that works with the GBC games.

Pokemon Mini though yeah I've had one of those back in the 90s, it's fun in short bursts, but the disgusting fanboy tax price on those things since they're not prolific makes it stunning why anyone would even bother. There was a small line up in Japan, and a slightly smaller one in the AUS/EU market, and then the US got stiffed with the fewest perhaps as American's caught on fastest it wasn't that fun so they cut the releases.

I don't remember all the games, but there was a Pokemon Party, Pinball, Tetris(we didn't get it), and a few others. I doubt it had more than 6-10 games, it came in smaller than Virtual Boy did.

Yeah, the Pokémon Mini and the Pokémon Pikachu series are definitely different beasts altogether.

It probably needs a few edits, but I wrote a 101 article for the site about if a few years ago: http://www.racketboy.com/retro/nintendo ... ners-guide

I have 4 of the 5 PAL releases, including Tetris, which is easily the best, and the rarest, Western release for the system. The one I'm missing is Pokémon Pinball Mini, which is pretty cheap so I should pick it up sometime.

There were 4 releases in the US and 10 in Japan. The 5 Japan exclusives are stupidly rare and incredibly expensive.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:15 am

Did not know that bit existed, but at least I wasn't off on my total game estimate. You're right, that pinball game is one of the cheapest you can get for it. It's not too bad either, not like some lame tamagotchi side game like the whack a mole one (party?) but it's not a full blown table either. If I remember it plays like one of those bonus screens in pokemon pinball (gbc) or even kirby's pinball land.
Return to Nintendo