Ongoing GameCube discussion thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Ongoing GameCube discussion thread

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Michi wrote:But they'd probably also be good games to comfortably ease them into playing themselves.

My four year old 1CC'ed the first level of RayStorm the other day on my iPhone. I was impressed, and he may be a natural-born video gaming genius once he gets the hang of tactile controls. :lol:

Also...thank you for all the comments on Pokémon games! I don't know much about them!
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

Ack wrote:
lisalover1 wrote:There was a LAN party at my college recently where someone had a whole 5-TV Four Swords Adventures setup, so my friends and I had a blast with that. It was actually the first time I was able to play the game with all four people. I just love that throwing your teammates is such a prominent mechanic - it adds a lot of fun chaos to the game. :P

Hey lisalover, you still up at Digipen?

Yep, still hanging in there! Trying to branch out into actual paid design work before I finish my degree, though, so finishing may not be necessary. It's weird, but most students here start work before they finish their undergrad here, so I'm hoping to do the same and maybe avoid even bigger student loans. I've made quite a few games that I'm proud of already, and I'm working on a pretty neat side-project right now. :)
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

So I was looking at my old threads and I came across a price guide on some GameCube games from 2010. Here were the prices and damn it's crazy
0 4.99
Animal Crossing 16.99
Beyond Good and Evil 14.99
Chi-Chi Robo 12.00
Cubivore 20.00
Eternal Darkness 17.99
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance 24.00
F-Zero 5.40
Ikaruga 40.00
Legend of Zelda: Coll Edition 29.99
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 24.00
Legend of Zelda: The 4 Swords Adv 24.95
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 7.50
Legend of Zelda: Windwaker 15.39
Luigi's Mansion 13.60
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour 12.00
Mario Power Tennis 7.50
Mario Superstar Baseball 7.50
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes 28.00
Paper Mario 18.00
Pikmin 20.00
Pikmin 2 7.50
Resident Evil 0 10.40
Skies of Arcadia 15.00
Sonic Gems 13.00
Sonic Mega Collection 7.00
Soul Calibur II 3.50
Star Fox: Adventures 4.99
Star Fox: Assault 19.99
Super Mario Strikers 24.00
Super Mario Sunshine 7.50
Super Smash Bros. 18.00
Tales of Symphonia 13.00
Viewtiful Joe 2.70
Viewtiful Joe 2 2.70
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble 6.30
Warioworld 5.00
Wave Race 4.49
If anyone is collecting the Wii it might be too late for fire emblem but for the rest and the Wii selects that are coming out like Arnold says DO IT NOW!!!!
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

It's a telling list. Try and find another from 2012, and then 2014 to stagger it and you can actually see where various games just got out of control as people got driven off the older carts due to prices but not off Nintendo yet going elsewhere. It's a bad story of where when one gets bad enough the blowback hits other things under the same banner.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I didn't realize Smash Bros EVER got that cheap. I don't think I ever saw Brawl drop below $30 (but I've never looked online to be honest).
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Yeah when I was collecting GameCube I got it for ten dollars players choice on eBay. Back then GameCube was still around at GameStop and I even remember when they sold GameCube at Walmart and target
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

He's right, very little for a time on GC was over the $20 mark, the truly rare, not the 1st party titles people get wood over and pay whatever to get. Cubivore before people started finding other rares or making up faux rares for it was damn near the high water mark along with I believe Pokemon Box (all boxed up.) The few that did usually like that one were something special, stuff not normally released or were give aways (like the master quest/oot and other one with the NES games on it Zelda packages.)
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Where the heck has Burnout 2 been all my life? There's a lot of fun here! I'm willing to put this near the top of my favorite racing games of all time. I could play the Crash mode for days!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Burnout 2 is awesome, but Burnout 3 is even better. It's a shame it never came out for the GameCube.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Ghegs
64-bit

Post by Ghegs »

Burnout 2 rules supreme in the series. It was after that the games started to focus way too much on crashing and car-on-car violence. 2 was the pinnacle in the series, as far as great arcade racing goes.