Ongoing GameCube discussion thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
9Volt
8-bit

Re: Ongoing GameCube discussion thread

Post by 9Volt »

Recently I bought Soul Calibur II and a GBA Player with the mini dvd. How awesome is that? :lol:
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Niiiice. Especially a GB Player that actually has the disc. I just bought an orphaned disc myself. :)
marurun

Post by marurun »

I see the players all the time and discs only rarely.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

marurun wrote:I see the players all the time and discs only rarely.

Yeah, same. I lucked out and found one on Craigslist when I was in college for $20 that had the player and the disc.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

If you own a GameCube and you've never played the Lost Kingdoms games, you should be ashamed of yourself.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

I have one GBA Player and two discs. I traded for a second when I found someone who was letting it go fairly cheaply. Those things can be hard to find.

I agree on Lost Kingdoms. I haven't played the second but the first one is fun.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

The GameCube I bought off eBay (and still have) had the GB player, disc, case for the disc, and the documentation inside the case!

Exhuminator wrote:If you own a GameCube and you've never played the Lost Kingdoms games, you should be ashamed of yourself.

This doesn't have anything to do with From Software being the developer, does it now?

But then again, Metal Jesus did feature it in one of his GC hidden gems videos.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I unfortunately bought Lost Kingdoms 1 back in the day, ended up hating it. I strongly ended up hating the card mechanics as I felt it crippled the fun I was having in the game. TO each their own.

Last time I came across an intact GB Player (unit+disc) worth buying was around 5 years ago when I was back out in CA for a time, someone sold it then for $20 as a package. Even then that was fine as it was an early gouge item as the disc had popped up to that point alone already and the players were going for like $5-10 so it was considered an ok deal and the dude even delivered it to my condo parking lot too. That said, since then I think I've seen one local to either state maybe once or twice that is complete and the price for that point was stupid as it was marked up beyond the going rate. It was that odd stand out of gamecube stuff people got retarded over well before certain games really did shoot up beyond the old $50 retail price on complete in box copies of games. Now it's just annoyingly par for the course with the likes of Pokemon Box, Fire Emblem, and a few others.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I played the hell out of Lost Kingdoms 1 back in the day. It was a solid game. Never played the second one though.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Game Boy Player rocks. Back around 2007~ish I walked into gamestop to buy myself a Game Boy Player.

I ask the teenager at the counter how much. :| "Ten bucks"

:shock: "How much did you say?"

:| "Ten dollars. Would you like to pre-order Madden 2008?"

8) "Nah, son. But I will buy four Game Boy Players."

:| "Don't you know these are obsolete? What are you going to do with four?"

:twisted: "Horde them in my cave like Smaug."