Pop N Twinbee
Rockman 7
Rockman X 2-3
Seiken Densetsu 3
Super Mario Bros 4
Super Pang
Syvalion
TMNT: TiT

I haven't gone through my collection to make sure it's all up to date, but it should mostly be so.

As for my gaming, I haven't played anything recently, mostly because I moved, but I did lay out Super Metroid on the TV stand to constantly remind me to play it. And the wife and I have been meaning to keep playing Secret of Mana.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: How Is Your SNES Gaming Going?

Post by dsheinem »

BurningDoom wrote:We have them on the Sega board, so why not some Nintendo equivalents?

You don't really want an honest answer to that question, do you?
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

alienjesus wrote:
I used to have a few other SNES games too, but I sold them because I wasn't a fan of any of them. They included Prince of Persia, Flashback...

I consider those two classics. I wish you would have gotten into those games, as they are great 16-bit adventure games.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Luke wrote:
alienjesus wrote:
I used to have a few other SNES games too, but I sold them because I wasn't a fan of any of them. They included Prince of Persia, Flashback...

I consider those two classics. I wish you would have gotten into those games, as they are great 16-bit adventure games.

I have tried on multiple occassions, but they just werent for me. I've owned Prince of Persia twice (once on SNES, once on Mega Drive), Flashback 3 times (SNES once, Mega Drive Twice) and Another World (on Mega Drive) once, several years apart and I just couldnt get into them at all every time I tried. They're just not for me I guess.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Luke's games

See, this is why I like looking at other people's SNES collection. You have two copies of Super Ghoul's and Ghosts, so you can obviously just give me one. :lol: I'll trade you several copies of Madden for it!

Sim City...
I can see from the top label that you have an older copy of Sim City. I've had several copies of the game over the years. It's one of my favorite SNES games, and definitely top 3 of games I clocked the most hours in (if not the top spot). What I found out though is the older versions of the game, such as the one you own and the one I currently own, use an older method for the SRAM and battery. Newer carts use the MAD-1, and they're much more stable. The older method can corrupt save files fairly easily (with any game - not just Sim City). Last year I finally got a Megalopolis on the actual cart (did it once before on the VC) and was making a go to get 600k. It was looking like I was actually gonna do it, but the game locked up and when I rebooted my save for that city was gone. I'm gonna have to get my hands on a newer version of the cart that uses MAD-1 before I ever give it another go at 600k.

Mario Paint...
This is another game that I clocked many, many hours in. There's just so much you can do with it. My siblings and I played the game so damn much that the buttons are worn out on my mouse.

My brother and I use to make "movies" with Mario Paint. Using a combination of the animation feature on Mario Paint, some still drawings, footage from other SNES games, and the pause function on the VCR, we strung together pieces to make a "movie". It was a hell of a lot of fun, being the age that we were. Hell, it would probably still be fun today!

When the Wii came out, and eventually the uDraw thing for the Wii, I was thinking the Wii would be perfect to make a new incarnation of the game. Mario Paint Wii, obviously. Of course, Nintendo would have to make their own version of the uDraw tablet to package with the game. I think the Wii U might be even better to make a new Mario Paint. I don't know how well drawing would be with the U gamepad compared to a mouse, but I'm sure they can think of a lot of fun mini games to play with it. Maybe Mario Paint isn't as relevant today as it was in the early/mid 90's, but I'm sure Nintendo could still make it fun and appealing to many.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

alienjesus wrote: They're just not for me I guess.

Yup. If you don't like POP, you probably won't like Flashback, and that's fine. Diff'rent Strokes.

I got into those games BIG time when I was a teen because they seemed like games adults would play. Cinematic, difficult, great graphics and story. I played and beat OOTW and Flashback this year and I think the real reason I liked the games was that fact I was playing a PC game on my snes.

Well, that and I love games that are frustratingly difficult.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

alienjesus wrote:
Luke wrote:
alienjesus wrote:

I have tried on multiple occassions, but they just werent for me. I've owned Prince of Persia twice (once on SNES, once on Mega Drive), Flashback 3 times (SNES once, Mega Drive Twice) and Another World (on Mega Drive) once, several years apart and I just couldnt get into them at all every time I tried. They're just not for me I guess.

Price of Persia and Flashback have been on my mental list for a while now, but IDK if I'd consider the SNES versions or not.

I picked up Out of this World (SNES) in the Play N Trade before it closed. The last time I played it was on a rental back when. I tried playing it on the SNES and just wasn't getting into it. Then I played it on DOS and it was a completely different story. I checked out other versions and found out that the SNES and Genesis versions are complete crap. They just play really slow and choppy. I have a hard time playing them. The DOS version is super smooth, and the Sega CD version plays just as well. The only thing I miss from the SNES version is the music, which is pretty good. The Sega CD version has it's own music which is alright, while the DOS version has no music at all.
Nyukki
128-bit

Post by Nyukki »

Haven't played any SNES recently, although tonight I played Final Fantasy 7 Remake on PC using a Super Famicom controller with USB adaptor, kinda how the game was originally intended to be played, I think.

Thinking of playing Terranigma again after I finish FF7.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Ziggy587 wrote:
Luke's games

See, this is why I like looking at other people's SNES collection. You have two copies of Super Ghoul's and Ghosts...

Sim City...

I try to keep a spare copy of my favorites.

Yeah, that copy is from launch, and I still have saved cities from when I was in middle school (possible high school).

SimCity on the snes has to be one of the most relaxing games ever made. I know codes for extra money exist, but I love the pace of the game (at high speed of course). The colors are bright, the music is amazing, the sound effects are incredible (love the sound of a train starting up), and building a city is fun balls.

Come to think of it, SimCity on the snes should be prescribed to people with depression.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Ziggy587 wrote:The only thing I miss from the SNES version is the music, which is pretty good.

There's no in-game music on the snes version.