How Is Your SNES Gaming Going?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: How Is Your SNES Gaming Going?

Post by Gunstar Green »

I need to get back to my Go Go Ackman pilgrimage. I got the whole trilogy in a really cheap auction a few years ago.

I beat the first game a while ago and it was pretty fun. I've had the other two sitting on my shelf. I hear the second one is "meh" but that the third one is great.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Hey guys, I have a crazy idea - let's stop arguing about whether or not the Illuminati is working with Hillary Clinton to inflate old game prices artificially and get back to talking about what Super Nintendo games we're playing. You know, the whole point of the thread?

I'm thinking I'll tackle Genealogy of the Holy War for my next Fire Emblem game. Of the ones I have that I haven't played yet, it's either that or Thracia 776.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

marurun

Post by marurun »

OK, moved a bunch of the posts to a new thread (easy to find in General Gaming). Now back to the SNES talk!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I'm thinking I'll tackle Genealogy of the Holy War for my next Fire Emblem game. Of the ones I have that I haven't played yet, it's either that or Thracia 776.

Genealogy is an amazing game. It's challenging and truly epic in its scope. Can't recommend it enough.

Has Thracia been given a decent translation at last? I'm waiting for it to get one before playing it.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I'm pretty sure the menus and chapter dialogue has all been translated with just some epilogue stuff left undone. I plan to supplement the finished translation with the Google Translate app on my phone. Not a great translation, but it's better than nothing.

marurun

Post by marurun »

Hey, as long as Google uses a better translation engine than Facebook.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

Has any one ever played a strategy/populous style game called Dragon's Earth?

It looks like a Japanese only release by Human, yet from everything I can see the entire thing (like Populous) is in English. It's also super cheap on Ebay (immediately triggers price rise!).
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

If anyone picked up or is planning to pick up Unholy Night: The Darkness Hunters and uses UGCs, I made a cover for it this morning. It's not amazing - it's the first one I've made from scratch start to finish - but I think it turned out decently well. Feel free to use it - or improve it - if you like.

Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

It's too bad the game itself looks terrible. I almost ordered it, but just can't get past the low frame rate and slow pace of the game.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Sarge wrote:It's too bad the game itself looks terrible. I almost ordered it, but just can't get past the low frame rate and slow pace of the game.

I haven't played it yet - been Witchering all day - but I figured I'd give it a shot for the novelty of a new SNES game.
Last edited by ElkinFencer10 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.