Nintendo Announces 2DS....thoughts?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Opa Opa

Re: Nintendo Announces 2DS....thoughts?

Post by Opa Opa »

casterofdreams wrote:Rumor has it that a Luigi themed 30th Anniversary is getting released. THAT will be my 2DS purchase.

http://kotaku.com/we-might-be-getting-a ... 1451095198

I hope this is real. I was gonna get a blue 2DS but I'm holding out for a confirmation on this Luigi unit.
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

Opa Opa wrote:
casterofdreams wrote:Rumor has it that a Luigi themed 30th Anniversary is getting released. THAT will be my 2DS purchase.

http://kotaku.com/we-might-be-getting-a ... 1451095198

I hope this is real. I was gonna get a blue 2DS but I'm holding out for a confirmation on this Luigi unit.

Same. I wanted the white and red one but we didn't get that here. The luigi one looks even better to me.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Damn. Blue 2DS for me then. :lol:
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

This is probably the most comfortable handheld console I've ever played.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Opa Opa wrote:This is probably the most comfortable handheld console I've ever played.

Better than the original GBA? :shock:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Possibly. I haven't played a GBA in quite some time.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I love bringing old topics from the dead!

I am in the market for another one of these guys. I have the Crystal Blue color (the clear blue one) and enjoy it. I wish I snagged the red one as well but that opportunity has since passed.

I had no idea the prices came down to $79.99 in the US. That's a steal! All Nintendo is selling is the red and blue one (a second version apparently) with Mario Kart 7. I think these guys will be tough to find in the future if Nintendo decides to fully support the Switch.

Also does anyone know how well these have sold thus far?
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Couldn't say how well they've done, did they ever even report that outside of the Japanese weekly tracking? I heard they did ok but that's a relative term going as low as not losing money. ;) You can get a refurbed one with the same warranty out of Nintendo store for $60 too but you won't get the box if all you care about is collector's item status.

It's also a matter of WHEN not IF the 3DS gets lovingly taken out Old Yeller style once the Switch gets rolling. It's clear they think of it as a handheld even if the marketing won't verbally admit as much. 2DS/3DS is probably roasted come probably earlier into 2019 so they can milk a shortage of Switch holiday out of it now and a budget buy play system in 2018 Christmas then it will fade into obscurity. It'll get dropped just like the GBMicro/SP Brighter did and the DS before it. Strung along with limited refreshing of certain game stock on limited store shelf space as they're willing to commit to it and then poof, gone. People will be rummaging Gamestops for the Buy2get1 FREE or better deals trying to find complete games for pennies to the dollar next year I imagine.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

I saw two of these at a local Target the other day - pre-loaded with Mario Kart 7.

Was surprised they were still out at major retail.