Does a true wireless Wii (not U) Classic Controller exist ?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Ziggy

Re: Does a true wireless Wii (not U) Classic Controller exis

Post by Ziggy »

Hmm, it might be possible to take one and fit it inside a Classic Controller Pro shell. That'd probably be easier than trying to shove a Remote inside the Pro controller. The real problem is that I'm not seeing that Datel wireless controller for sale any where.

This was linked in that article...

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/28/nykos-wii-classic-controller-wiimote-grip/

If something like that was available for the Classic Controller Pro, I'd probably just buy that and call it a day. I mean, it's not exactly what I want, but it'd be good enough and those controllers are really light anyway.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Ziggy587 wrote:This was linked in that article...

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/28/nykos-wii-classic-controller-wiimote-grip/

If something like that was available for the Classic Controller Pro, I'd probably just buy that and call it a day. I mean, it's not exactly what I want, but it'd be good enough and those controllers are really light anyway.

Too bulky, I think I would rather leave the Wiimote on the table.

I found out something else on the InterWorks Pro Controller U mentioned on the previous page. It does not take regular AA batteries but has a rechargeable built inside. A dumb move which makes the controller a fail for years later long term durability. The recharge offers convenience even though regular batteries last longer, eventually that internal proprietary battery will wear out.

It really looks like a sweet controller. No thanks, the recharge keeps me from buying it.

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

deathsled
128-bit

Post by deathsled »

Ziggy587 wrote:Hmm, it might be possible to take one and fit it inside a Classic Controller Pro shell. That'd probably be easier than trying to shove a Remote inside the Pro controller. The real problem is that I'm not seeing that Datel wireless controller for sale any where.

Would you be interested in buying mine? I actually bought it originally to use with phones. I don't even think I had a Wii at the time, though I do now.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

CRTGAMER wrote:eventually that internal proprietary battery will wear out.

I doubt it's proprietary. And even if it is, it's just a battery. You could always find some other battery to use, it doesn't have to be that specific battery.

deathsled wrote:Would you be interested in buying mine? I actually bought it originally to use with phones. I don't even think I had a Wii at the time, though I do now.

Thanks, I appreciate it, but I think I'll pass. I wouldn't be able to use it for some games that require all four shoulder buttons, so it's not ideal. What I would really like to do with that controller is to try and fit it in a Classic Controller Pro shell, but I'm too optimistic, I never get to 90% of the "mods" I'd like to do.

Thanks for the offer though!
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Bump on this thread to see if there's any new input on the topic.

Also up for recommendations on more "traditional" setup that plug into Wiimote that are possibly a superior alternative to the Classic Controller Pro.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Well, as long as you're using the WiiMote as your go-between, all the Classic Mini controllers and 3rd-party devices made for that connector should work with the WiiMote.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

marurun wrote:Well, as long as you're using the WiiMote as your go-between, all the Classic Mini controllers and 3rd-party devices made for that connector should work with the WiiMote.

Are there any highly-recommended ones in particular? I don't have any yet.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I think it's interesting.

PDP makes gamecube controllers that plug into the wii remote just like the classic controller.
https://www.amazon.com/PDP-Wired-Fight- ... B3P6A?th=1

I have the Legend of Zelda one. It's not quite as good quality as a real gamecube controller, but it's not as bad as the reviews would have you believe.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I hear great things about 8bitdo offerings. Some of their pads are Wii/WiiU compatible with alternate firmware.

http://www.8bitdo.com/
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

CRTGAMER wrote:
jay_red wrote:I believe this is completely independent of the wii-mote:

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Controller-Wi ... B009O3WU5W

I have been contemplating on that wireless controller. Gamestop at one had it on sale for $29.99, I should have snagged one. Its kind of a poorly advertised unit, many think it is only for the WiiU.

I read it has issues with some WiiU Pro Controller games, I think just the ones that take the official Wireless WiiU Pro Controller. However, it works fine as a wireless Wii Classic Controller Pro, Wiimote Horizontal and Wiimote Verical. The button layout is similar to a SNES, though various reviews give the Dpad a poor rating.

Those are really...aesthetically interesting. I almost want to get one just to try it. But I've read it only works on the Wiiu?

Also I would like even prefer a controller that has a dongle to plug into the wii remote over a wired controller. Like, there's nothing out there apparently that you can navigate through the menus with and use on certain games, but I don't have a problem with still having to use the wii remote. It's just awkward figuring out what to do with the wii remote while I'm using the classic controller. It's Kind of awkward having to put it in my lap. Even a longer cord would alleviate that problem.