Nintendo Land High Score Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Octopod
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo Land High Score Thread

Post by Octopod »

Crabmaster2000 wrote:
Octopod wrote:I got 5293 on Capt. Falcons. I can improve this I'm sure.

Sorry for the double post. I couldnt copy and past both quotes into one post on my phone :(.

You must be getting very close to the end of the first race with that score. I haven't played much of the second area yet, but it seems very challenging. This will probably be the last one I get the platinum trophy on and it'll be pretty though to get a couple of those stickers too.

I did finish the first race. I didn't play again afterwards though for the second one. I guess I need to work on my time some. I don't particularly like this game much but it is alright for a few plays. I'm sure I'll try to get platinum on it though.
Crabmaster2000
128-bit

Post by Crabmaster2000 »

Octopod wrote:
Crabmaster2000 wrote:
Octopod wrote:I got 5293 on Capt. Falcons. I can improve this I'm sure.

Sorry for the double post. I couldnt copy and past both quotes into one post on my phone :(.

You must be getting very close to the end of the first race with that score. I haven't played much of the second area yet, but it seems very challenging. This will probably be the last one I get the platinum trophy on and it'll be pretty though to get a couple of those stickers too.

I did finish the first race. I didn't play again afterwards though for the second one. I guess I need to work on my time some. I don't particularly like this game much but it is alright for a few plays. I'm sure I'll try to get platinum on it though.

Why dont you like it? After DKCC its probably my fav single player attraction.
Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/2000Crabmaster?feature=mhee

250 NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Crabmaster2000 wrote:
ZenErik wrote:6648 on DK Crash Course. Stuck in course 2 area 9 now.

Stuck in the area 9 flip zone on course 2. Not sure how to do the 2nd flip.

So infuriating. So good. Best use of the Gamepad so far, IMO.

For the second big flip just barely roll your cart off the edge. If you are moving very slowly you'll flip and land safely down below. The part after that isn't too bad. You'll REALLY like the next board though :D

So I don't have to flip at all? Or do I have to flip onto that 2nd wall and then slowly roll off? Because I splat every time I try to get on that second wall. Is the symbol to flip just to trick me? D:

Anyway, I'll try it things out this weekend over my friend's. I'm sure we will be playing a lot of Wii U. As it stands, I make it there with 8 lives and then lose all of them.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
Crabmaster2000
128-bit

Post by Crabmaster2000 »

ZenErik wrote:
Crabmaster2000 wrote:
ZenErik wrote:6648 on DK Crash Course. Stuck in course 2 area 9 now.

Stuck in the area 9 flip zone on course 2. Not sure how to do the 2nd flip.

So infuriating. So good. Best use of the Gamepad so far, IMO.

For the second big flip just barely roll your cart off the edge. If you are moving very slowly you'll flip and land safely down below. The part after that isn't too bad. You'll REALLY like the next board though :D

So I don't have to flip at all? Or do I have to flip onto that 2nd wall and then slowly roll off? Because I splat every time I try to get on that second wall. Is the symbol to flip just to trick me? D:

Anyway, I'll try it things out this weekend over my friend's. I'm sure we will be playing a lot of Wii U. As it stands, I make it there with 8 lives and then lose all of them.

If you're moving slow enough your right wheel should fall off the platform before your left wheel making you flip as you fall down to the bottom. You wont make contact with the second wall at all, just go directly to the bottom area.
Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/2000Crabmaster?feature=mhee

250 NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

DK Crash Course score - 9762

Need some tips on the end of course 3. I have no idea how to get through area 10 as the falling trick doesn't seem like it'll work because there's no longer any ground where I would be falling to.
AmericanMuffin
32-bit

Post by AmericanMuffin »

Can we get help from the Wii Mote in Falcon's, because you can remove obstacles by clicking them. Btw, My High Score on DK's Crash Course is 4638.
ImageImageImage
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

AmericanMuffin wrote:Can we get help from the Wii Mote in Falcon's, because you can remove obstacles by clicking them. Btw, My High Score on DK's Crash Course is 4638.

I don't really know. It kind of seems like cheating to me but I haven't tried it out to see how it works. What do others think? I'll get your score up. I haven't been playing much because of finals and then the holidays was busy with my wife and kids but I plan to get back on it.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

The same thing is possible in some of the other games too. Wii remote assistance. Though in the case of DK Crash Course it is more likely to screw up whoever is playing.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

I say no Wiimote interference. Going to get into this one soon (mine froze like crazy at release and then we got hooked on Super Mario Bros U).