NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
racketboy
Site Admin

Wii "Light Gun" Rail Shooter Library

by racketboy Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:37 am

So after doing my recent Wii article updates, I had a number of people talking about how the Wii was so nice for playing modern versions of "Light Gun" games on modern TVs.

I dug up this old guide that we had
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/the-stat ... on-the-wii

The question is: are there any significant games in the genre that we didn't mention here?
Any other improvements we could make?
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Re: Wii "Light Gun" Rail Shooter Library

by JoeAwesome Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:46 pm

Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns looks like an omission to be included.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:05 pm

JoeAwesome wrote:Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns looks like an omission to be included.

Ah! I knew we were missing something! That was one that was fresh on my mind too this past month
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:18 pm

There was this one called Chicken Blaster that I came across some years back. IIRC, I gave it away to a forum member here. It's by no means any real competition to the games already on the list, but I felt like it might have been a good choice for people with children. I can't remember who I gave it to, but I'm pretty sure it was someone with kids. I'd be curious to know how it worked out for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k_Hzi70RlE
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:03 pm

I think there's at least one case of a hunting game that plays similar to a rail shooter on the system. Pretty sure it's one of the Cabela's games, but I can't say for sure. I want to say it was one of the dangerous hunts games.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:01 am

Believe it or not, Mad Dog Mcree was ported to the Wii. It's absolutely terrible. I cannot recommend anyone spend money on this game. Since you asked, there it is.
JoeAwesome wrote:Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns looks like an omission to be included.

Good call! I love playing these in my Wii.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:There was this one called Chicken Blaster that I came across some years back. IIRC, I gave it away to a forum member here. It's by no means any real competition to the games already on the list, but I felt like it might have been a good choice for people with children. I can't remember who I gave it to, but I'm pretty sure it was someone with kids. I'd be curious to know how it worked out for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k_Hzi70RlE

That was me. My kids loved it... until they sampled the crack called Fortnite.

There is also a Nerf game that would work for a revamed article. It came with a real Nerf gun that you could swap out the innards with a Wii Remote.
Nerf N-Strike and Nerf N-Strike Elite
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:30 pm

Ha! That's pretty cool!
Return to Nintendo