Next-Gen

Re: Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games

by KDub Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:12 pm

It is 19.99 on Amazon right now
Razzmatazz
64-bit

by Razzmatazz Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:14 am

I've struggled finding Donkey Kong Country Returns cheaper than £30 new, and that is 2 years old so I think that may be a title that holds it's value. But then most Nintendo first party releases tend to do well. I imagine any later releases such as Mario Party 9, Pandora's Tower and Project Zero 2 may hold their value in years to come, but it's too early to judge really.
Currently playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Check out my album reviews at the home of rap reviews, http://www.rapreviews.com (NEW SITE COMING 2015)
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

by Nintendork666 Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:59 am

I still say Fortune Street has the potential to become rare. It's just too odd of a duck not to. For a first party published title, I'm assuming the print run was quite low. The game is also surprisingly much more fun than I expected, especially with friends! No wonder the Itadaki Street franchise is so long-lived in Japan.

PC [Xeon 1231 + RTX 2070] O.G. Xbox PSP 3000Image
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

by hashiriya1 Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:04 am

I totally forgot about Endless Ocean I & II. I have both of them which I got at Sears clearance for some chump change. It was even the Wii Speak bundle. I have yet to play the 2nd one.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:08 am

Razzmatazz wrote:I've struggled finding Donkey Kong Country Returns cheaper than £30 new, and that is 2 years old so I think that may be a title that holds it's value. But then most Nintendo first party releases tend to do well. I imagine any later releases such as Mario Party 9, Pandora's Tower and Project Zero 2 may hold their value in years to come, but it's too early to judge really.

DKCR is $30 new at Wal-Mart now. Probably isn't helpful for you to know, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

by hashiriya1 Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:24 am

Nintendork666 wrote:I still say Fortune Street has the potential to become rare. It's just too odd of a duck not to. For a first party published title, I'm assuming the print run was quite low. The game is also surprisingly much more fun than I expected, especially with friends! No wonder the Itadaki Street franchise is so long-lived in Japan.

It's like 14 bucks (new) on Amazon right now, and 15 at New Egg. Those who want it...get it!
SNKnicotine
128-bit

by SNKnicotine Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:05 am

Stopped by my local GS and found a NIB Data East collection game 20 bucks well spent.
Last edited by SNKnicotine on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Klassic PlastiK @ youtube.com/KlassicplastiK
Currently playing:Super Smash bros.(4)(3DS/WiiU)
Currently reading: Batman: Death of a Family
AppleQueso wrote:You can't even pronounce "RPG" or "FPS" like you can "Shmup"
Arpuhguh? Fffpiss? Bah!
"Shmup" is far more elegant!
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:35 am

SNKnicotine wrote:Stop by my local GS and found a NIB Data East collection game 20 bucks well spent.

Wow, nice!

I also thought Fortune Street would eventually be rare for the reasons noted above: late in the system life, 1st party, not very popular (crippled with a terrible release date also - late december). I snagged it off Amazon for $20 or so a while back - nice that it is even less now. Maybe not as rare though.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:36 am

I just want to say that the Wii has a pretty great, very diverse library. It is very fun collecting games for it, and this thread makes me want to survey all of my local Gamestops for new trade-ins! (With the WiiU out, I expect a lot of people are trading in their Wii collections to fund the purchase of a new system...)
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:25 pm

SNKnicotine wrote:Stop by my local GS and found a NIB Data East collection game 20 bucks well spent.

i also found one in eBay for $12, seller had a generic pic but i took a chance. when i got it, it was mint and complete. :)

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I just want to say that the Wii has a pretty great, very diverse library.

i could say the same thing. very underrated.
Visit my store: sevin0seven Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Return to Nintendo