Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
mas
Next-Gen

Re: Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games

Post by mas »

I think I asked this earlier but don't remember because it's 4am right now but does anyone have the neo geo stick for the Wii and how is it. Also thinking of either getting last blade 2 and kof 99 or ironclad for the neo geo on virtual console. Played the fighters but not ironclad any reviews on it
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I don't, but I also really want it. I bet it's pricy af, though.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

I still think Opoona is one of the hardest Wii exclusives to find in the wild. I've only seen it once and luckily I picked it up.

Another one that I really want to nab is Klonoa remake found it once at gamestop but the disc was a dud :(.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Dokapon Kingdom
Project Zero 2: Wii Edition (PAL)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Xenoblade Chronicles
Pandora's Tower
The Last Story <--- The Limited Edition is probably more scarce than the reprint
Opoona
Original release of Mario All-Stars

A couple others to think about:

Data East Arcade Classics - An example of a game that used to be very reasonable a couple years ago, but has slowly creeped up in value. According to VGPC disc only copies hover around the $40+ range.

Shiren the Wanderer - Atlus game. Nuf said.

Fishing Resort (with rod) - Limited print Xseed game that was bundled with a type of fishing rod controller. According to completed eBay listings, the game by itself is going for between $35-50, but complete copies with the box and controller went for $82 and $99 (though that last one was listed 'new'.)

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of The Moon - RPG/Adventure game released by Xseed. Utilized the Wii controller in some very interesting ways. Got pretty average scores, but being an RPG released by Xseed, the price has managed to slowly crawl it's way up over the last year or so.

EDIT:

Ivy the Kiwi - Platformer designed by Yuji Naka. Yet another Xseed game that appears to have shot up in price recently.

Zelda Skyward Sword: Sword (Bundle) - Originally released alongside game-only copies. Came with a sample soundtrack and a themed, golden Wii controller with the Skyward Sword emblem on it.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

Crazily enough it seems that the Wii is going to end up a powerhouse of rarities. I see so many games that people are saying that they see in short supply. I have decided to avoid the "rare" truly crap titles. Though there are some really good games that seem to be fairly rare.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

I remember when you could get Ivy the Kiwi for £4.99 from Amazon.co.uk in the month of its release!

I've no idea why it was so cheap but I do recall buying 2 copies just in case.

However, having just checked on Ebay you can get it for £13.99. I wouldn't exactly call that "shooting up in price". Is it the NTSC version you are talking about? Was it somehow rarer?
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

Betagam7 wrote:I remember when you could get Ivy the Kiwi for £4.99 from Amazon.co.uk in the month of its release!

I've no idea why it was so cheap but I do recall buying 2 copies just in case.

However, having just checked on Ebay you can get it for £13.99. I wouldn't exactly call that "shooting up in price". Is it the NTSC version you are talking about? Was it somehow rarer?

The American version is $15 from Amazon, albeit on back-order.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

I was basing what I said about Ivy from what I saw on the VGPC page, which, I know isn't 100% accurate. But if you go to the page, you can see that the price has indeed 'shot up' over the last year, at least here in the states. Based on that, it looks like it's almost doubled from this same time last year, both for disc only and CIB. Why this is, I don't know, since I too remember it being sub-$10 new at Gamestop when I got it a couple years ago. That store now lists it for $20 used (same thing happened to TvC*. I remember used copies being $7.99, now Gamestop is asking for $20).

So if you get lucky and find it for cheap, great, but it is currently trending upwards, at least online, which is why I listed it as a game to consider (or at least keep an eye on.)

Also, keep in mind that just because Amazon lists a price for something that's 'temporarily out of stock' doesn't mean you'll actually ever get the item. I waited for a DVD I ordered from them for months, before they finally conceded they wouldn't get any more in.

*Why we're on the subject of 'is it rare/expensive,' I must ask, is this game getting harder for people to find? I used to see it around all the time, still do whenever I go into a game store and browse the Wii section. And VGPC even has it around the $20-25 mark, so I wouldn't call it all that pricy either, which is why I'm asking.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Was talking to jmbarnes on this and himself a huge Wii and gamecube collector the Wii has such a outstanding library of games. Seriously look deep at the library and a fan who loves the sideways controller scheme the games are fantastic.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

Over the last couple weeks I was actively seeking in buying a couple of Wii games that I wanted to add to my little collection. One of those games that I'm still seeking is Super Paper Mario. I'm actually shocked that the re-release to the game it's going for about $35 new at a minimum. I can't imagine the price of the non-selects release.