Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Re: Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games

Post by Jmustang1968 »

CRTGAMER wrote:
SNKnicotine wrote:Look what i found at a Gamestop in a small town i was passing by! :D

Kore Gang and Deadly Creatures has been established that are getting hard to find, but i think Castle of Shikigami III, and Rockstar's Table Tennis are also going to be valuable .

Kore Gang and Deadly Creatures have no stickers, were they sealed? If both are pristine, I suspect they were new and sold as used. The list is growing on possible new Wii games that are sold as only used at Gamestop.

I picked up Tounament Of Legends for $2.50 at BookOff. One of the few fighters for the Wii and has a mythology theme which makes it different from the norm. The action is so so, but I think it has a low print run and exclusive to the Wii maybe making it valuable later on?

Wtf gamestop sells new games as used?
SNKnicotine
128-bit

Post by SNKnicotine »

FerretGamer wrote:Anyways, over the weekend I had some really nice pickups on the rare Wii games front. I managed to snag an essentially mint copy of Calling for the Wii. I told the guy behind the counter that there are maybe 4-5 copies of Calling available in a 100 mile radius. I also grabbed a whole bunch of other games that I'm just too lazy to list. :lol:

Nice I've been looking for a copy of "Calling"
post pictures of the creepy girl on the swing :D

Edit: sorry I meant the girl with the bear, I was think of Silent Hill for the Wii
Klassic PlastiK @ youtube.com/KlassicplastiK
Currently playing:Super Smash bros.(4)(3DS/WiiU)
Currently reading: Batman: Death of a Family
AppleQueso wrote:You can't even pronounce "RPG" or "FPS" like you can "Shmup"
Arpuhguh? Fffpiss? Bah!
"Shmup" is far more elegant!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Jmustang1968 wrote:Wtf gamestop sells new games as used?

This happened to me last week when I picked up Wii Music. I brought a $4.99 used copy to the register, but the employee pulled out a brand new copy from a drawer and rang it up as a used game.
TheVisualante
8-bit

Post by TheVisualante »

Madworld, Super smash bros: Brawl, and Sonic colors.

I think down the line 10 years from now these games will be worth something, especially if sealed.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

TheVisualante wrote:Madworld, Super smash bros: Brawl, and Sonic colors.

I think down the line 10 years from now these games will be worth something, especially if sealed.

Well, used at least, Smash Bros will hold its value and I know this because the first two have despite selling well. Madworld, maybe. Maybe not. Sonic Colors? Seriously doubt it.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoringSupreez wrote:
TheVisualante wrote:Madworld, Super smash bros: Brawl, and Sonic colors.

Well, used at least, Smash Bros will hold its value and I know this because the first two have despite selling well. Madworld, maybe. Maybe not. Sonic Colors? Seriously doubt it.

I'm not feeling for those either...but I remember passing on multiple $10 copies of Earthbound when I was a teenager <seriously, who would want that game?>...so, you never know...
TheGrimAngel
16-bit

Post by TheGrimAngel »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:Wtf gamestop sells new games as used?

This happened to me last week when I picked up Wii Music. I brought a $4.99 used copy to the register, but the employee pulled out a brand new copy from a drawer and rang it up as a used game.

This is done sometimes so Gamestop doesnt loose money. If the suggested retail price of a game becomes to low, Gamestop will move all of their new copies of the game to their used category so they can set their own price for the game. This usually happens when the retail price goes below $5.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Madworld was/is regularly sold for under $10 new and is one of the worst games I've ever played. I can't imagine people would pony up much for it in the future (sealed or otherwise).
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

dsheinem wrote:Madworld was/is regularly sold for under $10 new and is one of the worst games I've ever played. I can't imagine people would pony up much for it in the future (sealed or otherwise).

yeah, that game is too common.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

dsheinem wrote:Madworld was/is regularly sold for under $10 new and is one of the worst games I've ever played. I can't imagine people would pony up much for it in the future (sealed or otherwise).

That's a bold statement. I have not spent much time with it, but I thought the art direction was at least interesting.