NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
k.vlaros
64-bit

Re: Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games

by k.vlaros Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:19 pm

There are still a few Wii games slated for release. I assume most of the collectors here already know about Rodea and have it preordered. The Wii Rodea is one of my most anticipated games this "holiday season". The newest Skylanders game is racing themed, and Beenox is developing a "unique" version for Wii / 3DS. Beenox made good ports of Spiderman Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time for Wii, and ported Swap Force to it. They have the ability to make a technically solid game for Wii and I might be picking that up.

There is also a Disney Channel themed Just Dance game plus two more licensed kids games from Little Orbit. I've played a couple games from them and they were painful.

Are there any other games left on tap for Wii? What are you expecting to add to your collection, if anything?
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

by casterofdreams Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:26 pm

I could have sworn that Rodea is not getting an official release but given as a pre-order bonus for the updated Wii U version. The Wii disc is a beta I believe.

Could be wrong about the whole thing by the way.
k.vlaros
64-bit

by k.vlaros Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:50 pm

The Wii version of Rodea comes with the first print of the Wii U game. I'm just a little indifferent to the WiiU version in comparison to the Wii one. But since they'll come together, of course I'll try both.
k.vlaros
64-bit

by k.vlaros Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:16 pm

The latest Skylanders game has a unique version on Wii and 3DS. It's a kart racer, although still utilizes the portal and NFC figures. I bought the Wii version, and it isn't terrible. Depending on the sales of this game, it could end up being uncommon depending on how much of the Skylanders audience has moved away from Wii. And in a few weeks we have a new Disney Just Dance on Wii before Rodea in November. But it's hard to imagine there will be a half-decent game release for Wii beyond that. Even getting an "OK" kart racer in 2015 is quite surprising.
girlracer
Next-Gen

by girlracer Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:58 pm

I didn't need another wii but I've always liked console variations so i bought this boxed mini wii, didn't come with Mario Kart but I had an extra copy to make it complete. Paid $68.99 shipped on ebay. I also got to add puzzle quest and family game night to my wii collection.
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (209.74 KiB) Viewed 640 times
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:04 pm

Nice. Puzzle Quest is a great handheld game, but (despite owning a copy) I am not sure how well it works on a TV.

I have also picked up some rarer Wii games recently. Specifically, I have picked up:

Crazy Machines;
Doctor Fizzwhizzle's Animal Rescue;
Free Running;
Gunslingers;
Speed Zone; and
Veggy World.

None of them are particularly valuable, but all of them are nearly impossible to find in the wild. I now only need six Wii games to complete my collection, and I will have to post some pictures when I finish it.
k.vlaros
64-bit

by k.vlaros Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:26 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Nice. Puzzle Quest is a great handheld game, but (despite owning a copy) I am not sure how well it works on a TV.

I have also picked up some rarer Wii games recently. Specifically, I have picked up:

Crazy Machines;
Doctor Fizzwhizzle's Animal Rescue;
Free Running;
Gunslingers;
Speed Zone; and
Veggy World.

None of them are particularly valuable, but all of them are nearly impossible to find in the wild. I now only need six Wii games to complete my collection, and I will have to post some pictures when I finish it.

Looking forward to the pictures. I tried hard to like speed zone, but just couldn't. The tracks turned too sharply and/or speed too fast.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:55 pm

k.vlaros wrote:I tried hard to like speed zone, but just couldn't. The tracks turned too sharply and/or speed too fast.

Try it with the exclusive to Wii, the force feedback Logitech Steering Wheel. Though only four games are supported, really brings out accurate driving control.

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:31 am

So did anyone ever get around to modding the Wii Mini to output component, or have Gamecube ports?
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
girlracer
Next-Gen

by girlracer Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:35 am

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I now only need six Wii games to complete my collection, and I will have to post some pictures when I finish it.

very cool, can't wait to see it. I still need a few myself.
Return to Nintendo