Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
AppleQueso

Re: Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games

Post by AppleQueso »

BoringSupreez wrote:Except for Xenoblade, Last Story, and Metroid Prime Trilogy, none of the games you guys are listing are ones I'm interested in. And I've already bought the first two. Good thing for my wallet.

many of these won't actually become 'valuable' for years and years and years anyway.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

AppleQueso wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:Except for Xenoblade, Last Story, and Metroid Prime Trilogy, none of the games you guys are listing are ones I'm interested in. And I've already bought the first two. Good thing for my wallet.

many of these won't actually become 'valuable' for years and years and years anyway.

Well, yeah that's true. Although there are some that are expensive already.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

BoringSupreez wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:

Well, yeah that's true. Although there are some that are expensive already.

Well yeah, but you know how these things go. Values fluctuate a lot, especially with consoles that have yet to be officially discontinued.
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Post by MrHealthy »

Excite Bots will likely gain some value over time for a few reasons.

A) It was only released in North America and Japan.
B) The north American version bombed.
c) The Japanese version is a club nintendo exclusive.

Also, the new Canadian Wii redesign will be quite valuable as a collectors item if it never releases elsewhere.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

So i started a "Going up in value" checklist for myself on Wii games so i can get ahead before they go up even more, doing pretty good.

Just picked up this past week:

Arc Rise Fantasia $12
Dokapon Kingdom $30
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New world $20

think i did pretty good on prices, all were acquired locally. :D
sosoyo180
24-bit

Post by sosoyo180 »

I love reading this thread, but I keep kicking myself because I sold my copy of Tatsunoku vs. Capcom a while ago! At least I still have Prime Trilogy...
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

I think Fishing Resort. Made by Yuji Naka/Prope and I think a lot of people probably assume it is shovelware.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

Octopod wrote:I think Fishing Resort. Made by Yuji Naka/Prope and I think a lot of people probably assume it is shovelware.

Yeah Fishing Resort looks mighty unknown and rare, amazon has 1 for $50 and ebay has 1 without a picture for $3k?

Going to lookm further into this, there is a version that comes with a fishing pole attachment.

*edit*

Apparently Gamestop has lots of copies, very weird...
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

Ghegs wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:Fritz Chess

Didn't believe it at first, but then I couldn't believe my eyes when I checked eBay and amazon.com. What's up with this? The PAL version seems to have more sensible prices as well.

another very low print game.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

Hazerd wrote:
Octopod wrote:I think Fishing Resort. Made by Yuji Naka/Prope and I think a lot of people probably assume it is shovelware.

Yeah Fishing Resort looks mighty unknown and rare, amazon has 1 for $50 and ebay has 1 without a picture for $3k?

Going to lookm further into this, there is a version that comes with a fishing pole attachment.

*edit*

Apparently Gamestop has lots of copies, very weird...

Amazon had them on BF for $15 and $20 for the boxed version with the fishing controller attachment. I doubt they will be getting new stock but we'll see. My GS has a boxed version for $30 but the box has a slice on the back of it along the edge from what looks like a razor knife. I might just grab it anyway. I've never actually played it but I would like to. It looks like a fun game to me.

I was going to grab one BF on Amazon too but I kept thinking it would hit $10. :lol: Should have just grabbed one I guess.