Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Re: Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games

Post by BoringSupreez »

Pichu wrote:Is Pandora's Tower gonna be the last noteworthy Wii game? I mean it's 2013 for goodness sake.

I'm sure it will be. We weren't even supposed to get Pandora's Tower, this came as a surprise.

theclaw wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:I didn't even know there was a Wii version. I thought it was only on PS2 and both Xboxes.

It went to PC, not 360.

I just looked it up on Gamefaqs. Apparently there was going to be a 360 version but it was cancelled. Still, I don't know why anyone would want to pay more than $5 for Scarface.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Boyward
16-bit

Post by Boyward »

After a week of watching Ebay and checking the price history on Videogamepricecharts.com, it seems like it's getting harder and harder to get Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Zero for less than $20.

Getting the first one isn't quite as spendy for some reason.

I'm guessing Capcom printed more of those because it's a more popular game than Zero. Still, after losing several auctions, yesterday I finally settled for a complete, like new copy of the original for $19 shipped.

Both are $19.99 used at Gamestop and if you order online you aren't guaranteed a manual or original case. I don't see either of these getting any cheaper so I'm looking for a good copy of Zero now, since I don't have the Gamecube version and the Wii one seems to be more scarce. ("Wii one". Whenever I say that I think of Dotty from Animal Crossing because she always says that.)
ejamer
128-bit

Post by ejamer »

Dawn of Discovery is an excellent game that reviewed pretty well but tanked at retail. It used to be easily available for $10... but seems to be going up in price based on quick online queries. Doubt it will ever be "valuable", but if you are looking for good games instead of investments then keep an eye out for this title.
SNKnicotine
128-bit

Post by SNKnicotine »

Look what i found at a Gamestop in a small town i was passing by! :D
download1.jpg
download1.jpg (101.92 KiB) Viewed 332 times

Kore Gang and deadly creatures has been established that are getting hard to find, but i think Castle of Shikigami III, and Rockstar's Table Tennis are also going to be valuable .
Klassic PlastiK @ youtube.com/KlassicplastiK
Currently playing:Super Smash bros.(4)(3DS/WiiU)
Currently reading: Batman: Death of a Family
AppleQueso wrote:You can't even pronounce "RPG" or "FPS" like you can "Shmup"
Arpuhguh? Fffpiss? Bah!
"Shmup" is far more elegant!
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

SNKnicotine wrote:Look what i found at a Gamestop in a small town i was passing by! :D

Kore Gang and Deadly Creatures has been established that are getting hard to find, but i think Castle of Shikigami III, and Rockstar's Table Tennis are also going to be valuable .

Kore Gang and Deadly Creatures have no stickers, were they sealed? If both are pristine, I suspect they were new and sold as used. The list is growing on possible new Wii games that are sold as only used at Gamestop.

I picked up Tounament Of Legends for $2.50 at BookOff. One of the few fighters for the Wii and has a mythology theme which makes it different from the norm. The action is so so, but I think it has a low print run and exclusive to the Wii maybe making it valuable later on?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

CRTGAMER wrote:
SNKnicotine wrote:Look what i found at a Gamestop in a small town i was passing by! :D

Kore Gang and Deadly Creatures has been established that are getting hard to find, but i think Castle of Shikigami III, and Rockstar's Table Tennis are also going to be valuable .

Kore Gang and Deadly Creatures have no stickers, were they sealed? If both are pristine, I suspect they were new and sold as used. The list is growing on possible new Wii games that are sold as only used at Gamestop.

I don't know if this is common, but my GS will only keep at most 2 copies of a used game out on the shelves, and the rest stay behind the counter in drawers. When you bring the empty shelf case to the counter, they set it aside and pull one of the drawer copies out, which are frequently unstickered.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
SNKnicotine
128-bit

Post by SNKnicotine »

BoringSupreez wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:

I don't know if this is common, but my GS will only keep at most 2 copies of a used game out on the shelves, and the rest stay behind the counter in drawers. When you bring the empty shelf case to the counter, they set it aside and pull one of the drawer copies out, which are frequently unstickered.

That is exactly what happened in my case, he did mention that Deadly Creatures was his and was played once by his son, but then returned because it was much more mature than what he anticipated a animal game could be. both the ones with out the stickers(Deadly Creatures, the Kore Gang) are mint.
Arpuhguh? Fffpiss? Bah!
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

SNKnicotine wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Kore Gang and Deadly Creatures have no stickers, were they sealed? If both are pristine, I suspect they were new and sold as used. The list is growing on possible new Wii games that are sold as only used at Gamestop.
That is exactly what happened in my case, he did mention that Deadly Creatures was his and was played once by his son, but then returned because it was much more mature than what he anticipated a animal game could be. both the ones with out the stickers(Deadly Creatures, the Kore Gang) are mint.

A great find! Any unstickered games in the drawer are pretty much new games. Used tradein games always get a used sticker so it does not get mixed up with the new games. That is unless an employee forgot and threw them in the drawer. In SNKnicotine's games, I suspect the employee got the game as an "employee test new game for free" and then brought it back. The new pristine condition games were sold as used since the store no longer carries a SKU to sell it as new.

This is just something to watch for when buying used games at gamestop. Peek over at that drawer to get the CIB and possibly new pristine copy sold as used. A presearch of the website helps to confirm if the "Sell As New SKU" is deleted, stores that do not show low stock could have new copies sold as used buried in the drawers.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

SNKnicotine
128-bit

Post by SNKnicotine »

That's awesome, thanks for the pointers, I would have never guessed thats theres a stash in some occasions. :D
Arpuhguh? Fffpiss? Bah!
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

download1.jpg

Kore Gang and deadly creatures has been established that are getting hard to find, but i think Castle of Shikigami III, and Rockstar's Table Tennis are also going to be valuable .

Nice pickups, I purchased the Kore Gang and Deadly Creatures recently as well. I already had Castle of Shikigami from way back and I own Table Tennis for 360. I'm wondering if I should pick up Table Tennis for Wii, the price is certainly cheap enough especially with the B1G1 50% promotion.

SNKnicotine wrote:That's awesome, thanks for the pointers, I would have never guessed thats theres a stash in some occasions. :D

You also want to be careful when they do that because sometimes they will give you a case that is in worse shape than what was on the shelf. For example, I purchased Assassin's Creed II (PS3) a while back and I purposely picked the copy that was not a greatest hits. Instead, they pulled out a GH version of the game from the drawer. I've also had them try to give me games that weren't complete.

----

Anyways, over the weekend I had some really nice pickups on the rare Wii games front. I managed to snag an essentially mint copy of Calling for the Wii. I told the guy behind the counter that there are maybe 4-5 copies of Calling available in a 100 mile radius. I also grabbed a whole bunch of other games that I'm just too lazy to list. :lol:
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.