Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games

Post by Michi »

BoringSupreez wrote:
Retrogamer0001 wrote:I see that many stores online are now taking pre-orders on Pandora's Tower - any word yet on if a limited edition is being offered?

So far, no. Europe had one, but not Japan, so at the moment it looks like the chances for no LE are rather high.

Which is a shame, as their first run Last Story release is quite nice.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Found a Fire Emblem for $35 last night! Upon closer inspection I saw that it was used, had no booklet, and was covered with stickers. What a shame. Left it on the shelf, bought a Genesis game instead.
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Found a Fire Emblem for $35 last night! Upon closer inspection I saw that it was used, had no booklet, and was covered with stickers. What a shame. Left it on the shelf, bought a Genesis game instead.

That is so frustrating!

It's also really annoying when you think you might've tracked down a rare game at Gamestop only for them to tell you it is disc only. *sigh* On that same note, if you are interested in finding Fire Emblem, you might want to try the Gamestop online search.
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Found a Fire Emblem for $35 last night! Upon closer inspection I saw that it was used, had no booklet, and was covered with stickers. What a shame. Left it on the shelf, bought a Genesis game instead.

EDIT: This was supposed to be a PM. Sorry!

(I was just gloating about how I picked up a copy of Fire Emblem (Wii) for exceptionally cheap at a pawn shop near Bone's house.)
Retronomy
32-bit

Post by Retronomy »

It seems to me anything Atlus (that isn't SMT) or NIS becomes 'rare' really fast.
I'm guessing to look for Phantom Brave and Baroque.
http://retrofiends.com My terrible retro video game reviews blog.
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

Retronomy wrote:I'm guessing to look for Phantom Brave and Baroque.

Oops, I just sold both of those after getting them for $8.
scarper
128-bit

Post by scarper »

I got extremely lucky with Metroid Prime Trilogy collection. I had no idea it would become such a pricey collectors item.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Retronomy wrote:It seems to me anything Atlus (that isn't SMT) or NIS becomes 'rare' really fast.

Since Atlus stuff usually ends up rare, people act like their games are hard-to-find and extra valuable whether they deserve it or not, just because it's published by Atlus. I doubt Radiant Historia would be such an expensive game had it been published by someone else, considering it got reprinted.

scarper wrote:I got extremely lucky with Metroid Prime Trilogy collection. I had no idea it would become such a pricey collectors item.

I almost bought that one, knowing it was becoming a collector's item, but I just couldn't convince myself that I would ever touch it again after putting it on my shelf.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
KillerJuan77
Next-Gen

Post by KillerJuan77 »

I've been lucky with Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Calling, Metroid Prime Trilogy and Little King's Story. I got Fire Emblem for 10 bucks in mint condition, Calling for 20 bucks with shipping, Metroid Prime Trilogy for 40 bucks new and LKS for 15 bucks. I think Scarface is also becoming rare.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

KillerJuan77 wrote:I think Scarface is also becoming rare.

Seriously? That was one of 2006's top-selling titles.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.