Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
isiolia
Next-Gen

Re: Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games

Post by isiolia »

JoeAwesome wrote:Although DRM-free, the Wii version is "inferior" in terms of content.

The PS4/XBO version also has a physical release as part of Resident Evil Origins Collection (which also has the RE1 remake HD remaster). So it'd probably really just come down to if you want whatever semblance of a manual the Wii versions come with.

Also on PC, but I think only on Steam there.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Don't forget to include the oddities like Golf Training, Maximum Racing, Cyberbike, Mr. Bean, etc. Some of these games don't even show up on VGPC...

On Labor Day I stumbled upon a copy of Cyberbike at Half-Price Books in their clearance section. The case was busted but the contents and art are in great shape. I was fortunate to find it and that no one had thought it worth buying.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Does anyone still play with the Wii and anyone still picking up games for it or starting a collection
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

mas wrote:Does anyone still play with the Wii and anyone still picking up games for it or starting a collection

I still play the Wii. Mario Kart and Kirbys Epic Yarn at the moment. I just purchased Wii Fit+ new on eBay for a little over $20 new. It doesn't come with the balance board because the price is significantly more for that set. However Nintendo's store page as well as their eBay store is selling the Wii Fit U for $25 brand new that comes with the Wii balance board which works for both consoles.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Man, sounds like its worth considering selling my Ivy the Kiwi.
DreamcastDude
8-bit

Post by DreamcastDude »

mas wrote:Does anyone still play with the Wii and anyone still picking up games for it or starting a collection

I still play the wii daily and often purchase new games for my collection, I recently picked up angry birds trilogy, mario galaxy 2, and resident evil the umbrella chronicles a few days ago.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Don't forget to include the oddities like Golf Training, Maximum Racing, Cyberbike, Mr. Bean, etc. Some of these games don't even show up on VGPC...

What's this "Golf Training" you mention? searches only show me stuff for Wii Sports.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

racketboy wrote:

What's this "Golf Training" you mention? searches only show me stuff for Wii Sports.

Sorry!

It’s My Personal Golf Trainer with David Leadbetter;

http://www.golfalot.com/equipment-revie ... w-134.aspx

The NTSC version of this game is (or was) a little pricey. It doesn’t seem too pricey anymore, though.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
racketboy wrote:

Sorry!

It’s My Personal Golf Trainer with David Leadbetter;

http://www.golfalot.com/equipment-revie ... w-134.aspx

The NTSC version of this game is (or was) a little pricey. It doesn’t seem too pricey anymore, though.

Great -- thanks! Yeah, I've noticed some of the real rare stuff that aren't especially interesting games have dropped down. I still plan on listing them below for "Affordable Rarities". Those are still interesting and sometime rise in value again later... (although may not be the $15 to $200 rise that we've seen on some systems in the past)
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Here's the guide I put together for the Rare and Valuable Wii games
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/the-rare ... -wii-games

Anybody have any insights on significant PAL or Japan releases that are worth mentioning?