Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Re: Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

Deadly Creatures is another one that I think is probably an under-the-radar game. I stopped seeing copies of this game at Gamestop/EB regularly years ago, and got lucky with finding a sealed one in a Zellers bargain bin last week for 14.99 - I think this one will be tough to find down the road.

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

hashiriya1 wrote:

It's like 14 bucks (new) on Amazon right now, and 15 at New Egg. Those who want it...get it!

I went ahead and ordered this off Amazon for $13.98. I have Prime which is pretty nice. :D

This looks like something my wife would like to play with me so I expect it will get quite a bit of use. Thanks for the heads up.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

SNKnicotine wrote:Stopped by my local GS and found a NIB Data East collection game 20 bucks well spent.

I found a complete used copy myself, just this weekend. Also picked up the first Trauma Center game while I was at it. I've been meaning to try that series out for a while and hadn't been able to find the first game. I was pretty pleased.
KDub
Next-Gen

Post by KDub »

Trauma Center is fun and I like visual novels so I really enjoy that side of it too. But I stopped playing mid way through. So much of the game is based around making sure you use the one special power of the main character during the right sequence. It just becomes frustrating after a while....
Godot102
64-bit

Post by Godot102 »

I wonder if Pikmin 2 will be rare again? I'm not entirely sure of how big the print run is. I could definitely see the 1st print run of The Last Story being fairly rare or Xenoblade(it is already rising in price). I've also seen a lot of people mention fortune street. How is that game? is it better than say mario party 8 or 9?
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Does anyone else think that Heavenly Guardian might be valuable in the future? I know the Wii version isn't the preferred version (it definitely isn't for me), but perhaps its development history and general style will generate interest?

KDub wrote:...But I stopped playing mid way through. So much of the game is based around making sure you use the one special power of the main character during the right sequence. It just becomes frustrating after a while....

I had a similar experience with the first title on the DS. I got to the final operation and said "Fuck it!" after numerous attempts. I've been wanting to beat it, but it just seems so daunting to get back into the groove of the games.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Post by Nintendork666 »

Godot102 wrote:I've also seen a lot of people mention fortune street. How is that game? is it better than say mario party 8 or 9?

Fortune Street is a definite must-buy imho, even if the price doesn't go up. It isn't so much like the Mario Party franchise, the closest thing I can compare it to is Monopoly - but even that doesn't do it justice.

It's an economic based board game, with lots of wacky Mario and Dragon Quest themed boards/characters. In the game you buy up, and invest in your properties; purchase/sell stocks in certain districts (think the colored blocks of Monopoly), collect 'suits' on the board (collect 'em all, and return to the bank for a promotion!), and land on mini-game and venture card squares, while avoiding more detrimental spots on the board.

The goal of each game is to be the first player to reach the set amount of net worth established for each individual board, and race back to the bank before all the other players can sell their stocks in your investments, causing your empire to collapse.

I hope that helps. My girlfriend and I have a blast playing the game. She showed little interest when I first bought it, but even she was hooked after our first playthrough. It's oddly compelling, and somehow even fun to watch the AI take their turns. I'd definitely recommend this over another re-hash of the Mario Party franchise.

GSZX1337 wrote:Does anyone else think that Heavenly Guardian might be valuable in the future? I know the Wii version isn't the preferred version (it definitely isn't for me), but perhaps its development history and general style will generate interest?

I was actually just looking at my game shelf and wondering the exact same thing. Given the PS2 version (which I've never played), I really doubt the Wii port will rise in value all that much - but I guess you never really know. I'd certainly like to see it go up in value though, I only paid $3 @ GS for it after all. 8)
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

^ Helluva testimonial there on Fortune Street, going to break that out on our next game night.
Jamisonia
128-bit

Post by Jamisonia »

I'd say the original Super Paper Mario will become valuable. A. Mario Tax, B. The non Nintendo Selects had a low print run, C. Its an great game
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

retrosportsgamer wrote:^ Helluva testimonial there on Fortune Street, going to break that out on our next game night.

I folded...and just picked up a pristine copy from GameStop for $14.99. I also picked up Let's Tap for $4.99; so, I have now added two of the games listed on this thread to my collection for less than $20. (I received whatever sort of discount you get for having one of Gamestop's cards...I am such a nerd.)