Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games

Post by CRTGAMER »

mas wrote:So I ended up getting my Wii back and my buddy hacked it well he didn't add any of the roms from the older consoles. He did add 115 Wii games so that's cool. Today I went out and bought the two Kirby games i needed. Downloaded them then returned them but I noticed he grabbed my license. So I'm going to have to take my time to get these games.

I'm missing a bunch that I don't think I have any way to get them. So I'm going to have to find a way to get these games to just download and send them back.

The Wii games that I want are getting hard to get. I'm missing a bunch that I don't think I have any way to get them. So I'm going to have to find a way to get these games to just download and send them back.

The Wii games that I want are getting hard to get.

Really? You are contributing to store loss sales; another customer might have bought a game while you have it pulled for your "refund rental". A bit of irony in your very last sentence, what will you do when your console fails years from now with all the refund installs? All the games you could have stored away years later could be expensive and difficult to find. I install my Xbox and PS2 games in my console hard drives and keep the CIBs stored in the shelves. A solid archive way to reinstall and even on a second console later on.

Tanooki wrote:That ID that was taken is for 2 reasons -- make sure you're not returning stolen goods, to make sure you're not abusing the system to get/burn freebies. You can only return X times a year or at a $ amount (like at Target) before they run you off for abusing it. So basically you're going to need to retail buy/trade them or find someone dumping their (to them) useless old Wii garbage on craigslist or at a flea market and try get it cheap enough you can turn around and resell it to break even after fees. That'll be your make on it because Gamestop is a few returns away from shutting you down.

I did not know Gamestop limited returns, a good policy to prevent the abuse of free rentals or pirating.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Doesnt bother me what so ever. If my Wii goes then I'll just get another plus everything is on a hard drive so if my Wii goes I just buy another for ten dollars and hack that one.
I'm not worried about physical copies. If all else fails I'll just go online and have my buddy install the wads I need
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Ooooh they lied to me, I asked if they had any deals going on when I snapped up a nearly 1/2 off value Klonoa yesterday. Had I known there was a 4 for $10 (at $5 or less value) I'd have snapped up some of the cheapy beaters on my interest list. I probably could have found 4 given the amount there. Not going to make the effort to go looking again but if I walk/drive by one in the week I'll pop in. I think stuff like Geometry Wars and other common lower priced(to retail originally) priced titles should be around that mark.

CRT ever consider like a huge doobie? Need to really chill on the what if? there you know. There's little irony in that if you could not care less about flipping. As far as loss sales, oh well, it's Gamestop is going to be a lot of peoples response being a likely victim of their tactics over the years. I know that's kind of Robin Hood-ish but whatever, it's how people approach stuff like that since one person closing their wallet never makes a difference. If it did, Toys R Us would have folded 10-15 years ago easily with angry kids turned adults with kids swearing off buying there (or Gamestop too given their age now.)

You have to remember he doesn't care, I barely do too, but more so him as he's got a modded Wii so it's just a warez box while mine won't be. If Gamestop gets burned so be it, outside of their random generous sales they're hosing anyone who walks in that's uninformed so I have little pity in that (as I do with an online flipper as people know.)

I think sums it up nicely and fits the theme:
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

So my Wii has been getting fully hacked and I have neogeo installed. Question is where or how is that neogeo 2 stick for the Wii
Been thinking of getting one but not sure on reviews or only see a price of like 100.00 for it. Also what's a good price for it
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Good luck finding one for under $100 shipped. They usually sell for $100 with shipping from Japan. Hori had a solid offering of sticks for the Wii - specifically the "Fight Stick" and the Tatsunoko vs Capcom stick.

Edit:
There is one on ebay right now in Canada for $100 shipped. If my car wasnt in the shop, I would be buying it tonight.
theclaw
Next-Gen

Post by theclaw »

mas wrote:Doesnt bother me what so ever. If my Wii goes then I'll just get another plus everything is on a hard drive so if my Wii goes I just buy another for ten dollars and hack that one.
I'm not worried about physical copies. If all else fails I'll just go online and have my buddy install the wads I need

If you must pirate the games, then just pirate them honestly.

Trying to find some twisted justification through buying a game then returning it for a refund is morally worse than warez.
Lum fan.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Does it really bother people here that im grabbing then burning games into my hard drive? Well this is going to suck then because dokapon kingdom, fritz chess, Godzilla, fire emblem. Just picked them all up. Got them into my hard drive and brought them back to my new rental store in a few hours.
theclaw
Next-Gen

Post by theclaw »

mas wrote:Does it really bother people here that im grabbing then burning games into my hard drive? Well this is going to suck then because dokapon kingdom, fritz chess, Godzilla, fire emblem. Just picked them all up. Got them into my hard drive and brought them back to my new rental store in a few hours.

No, we don't care that you have games on your hard drive. What's being criticized is the method used.
Lum fan.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Back to actual Wii collecting discussion - grabbed two cheapies in Ghost Squad and Fling Smash for my collection. GS has been on my want list for some time - could never find a complete copy local.

Tks to jmbarnes there