Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Spidrmnky
8-bit

Re: Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games

Post by Spidrmnky »

Glad ai grabbed a Shiren the Wanderer new a while back. Funny how a lot of these expensive games were lining clearance bins just a few years ago and nobody wanted them. I also got Ivy the Kiwi from the clearance bin for under $10 and it also goes for a decent bit now.
NintendoTwizer
16-bit

Post by NintendoTwizer »

If any of you guys are interested, I completed my Wii set and posted a video on Wii Rares. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEcAiQjZCkc
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Amazing. Excellent, excellent work. I have a very large collection of Wii games, but your collection dwarfs it.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Wiiow.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Fantastic display, well done.

I didn't realize Lucha Libre came out for the wii. Guessing that was an exclusive to Mexico.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I downloaded those images for fap material.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

So I ended up getting my Wii back and my buddy hacked it well he didn't add any of the roms from the older consoles. He did add 115 Wii games so that's cool.
Today I went out and bought the two Kirby games i needed. Downloaded them then returned them but I noticed he grabbed my license. So I'm going to have to take my time to get these games.

I'm missing a bunch that I don't think I have any way to get them. So I'm going to have to find a way to get these games to just download and send them back.
The Wii games that I want are getting hard to get.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I'm in the same kind of boat. I'm back into the land of Wii as well, unofficially at least until tomorrow.

I don't need a huge wall of pain like that picture from earlier in March, holy crap that's insane. I'd probably top out around 40 and of that 1/2 of them would be new plays as I ditched buying on it almost completely when I got a PS3 years ago when Circuit City folded and jumped ship. Stupidly thinking WiiU would be any good, dropped the Wii, then the games with the U games when that turd splashed (big mistake.)

So far between what's in hand and in bound there's a sealed copy of SMG2 (want 1 first before opening it most likely.) A pristine copy of steelbook Metroid Prime Trilogy in bound with a barely touched complete boxed black Wii that has New SMBWii and the SMG1 soundtrack in there. Got on the shelf here if i keep it Masters Tiger Woods Golf, Wii Sports Resort full size retail box, and also found Klonoa today on a nice deal.

Like I told you on the phone earlier, Wii stuff is mostly cheap, like Dreamcast cheap $5-20 range on most of it, some up to $30, little to nothing of gameplay value at least over original $50 retail. There are turds like Fritz Chess that the price blows on, but seriously only for collectors unless you're that insane for chess. :P

Also unless Gamestop mis-prices something, avoid them, they're being crooks on the sticker price of mainly popular 1st party titles asking like a 25-50% mark up over ebay, amazon, anywhere else but them. Wish I knew the stupidity behind it, but my guess is for when they do those retro buy 1 get 2 free dumper deals so they don't eat it too hard.

That ID that was taken is for 2 reasons -- make sure you're not returning stolen goods, to make sure you're not abusing the system to get/burn freebies. You can only return X times a year or at a $ amount (like at Target) before they run you off for abusing it. So basically you're going to need to retail buy/trade them or find someone dumping their (to them) useless old Wii garbage on craigslist or at a flea market and try get it cheap enough you can turn around and resell it to break even after fees. That'll be your make on it because Gamestop is a few returns away from shutting you down.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

Hey everyone I want to give the heads up that everyone's store we love to hate, gamestop has a special sale going on right now. All their used games five dollars or less, are four for $10. It's still got a few days left. Now is the time to pick up those games you've been waiting to get cheaper.

I've gone to two stores already and picked up quite a bit.

Well, I got other finds there, but you get the idea.

So go to gamestop and see what goodies you can find!
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4