All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1412 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 142  Next
 Post subject: Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:18 am 
Next-Gen

With the Wii-U now on retail shelves, now seems to be a good time to start talking about the games on the original Wii that will be worth collecting down the road. Since I imagine the official Racketboy thread for this particular topic is still years away, what games do you guys think are worth picking up now that will be rare and valuable later? The super-popular first party Nintendo titles are pretty obvious, so we can omit those. My picks are as follows:

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Fragile Dreams
The Last Story
Xenoblade Chronicles
Metroid Prime Trilogy (pretty obvious one here, I know)

These are just off the top of my head, and I'm sure you guys have more! Share away!

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"

Post subject: Re: Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:42 am 
Next-Gen

Super Mario All Stars, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus, Sakura Wars, Skyward Sword, Arc Rise Fantasia, Castle of Shikigami 3, Ultimate Shooting Collection, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, and Data East Arcade Classics are my picks, along with what Retrogamer0001 said.

PSN ID: SaturnXMKII
Steam ID: betamax001

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:43 am 
Next-Gen
 WWW  Profile

Why Fragile Dreams? Because it's an XSeed game? Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga is already fetching more dough.

The Last Story didn't exactly sell out like I thought it would. The local Best Buy has about ten copies.

Tales Of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World seems to be creeping up in price.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:31 pm 
Next-Gen
 WWW  Profile

My #1 pick would be Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

It's pretty cheap/easy to find now but I recently bought a copy despite not having a Wii. Capcom revealed that they no longer have the rights to publish anything with the Tatsunoko characters, meaning that a re-release is probably never going to happen. A lot of folks probably don't care too much, but as an oldschool anime nerd, I really like a lot of those characters.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:31 pm 
Next-Gen
 WWW  Profile

Yep Tatsunoko VS Capcom is officially out of print. So the game and that fight stick are going to fetch a good amount and soon.

Other possibilities:
Sin & Punishment
Goldeneye 007 with the gold controller

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:46 pm 
Next-Gen

This thread lacks Dokapon Kingdom, goes for $60+ used on Wii, the PS2 version isnt worth anything.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:06 pm 
Next-Gen

Why Super Mario All-Stars? Seems to me it wouldn't rise too much. It'll be more than you're bargain bin games just because it's a Mario game. But I don't see it being much more than $20-$30 because it's also on SNES and all the games on it are on Virtual Console and NES.

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:09 pm 
Next-Gen

BurningDoom wrote:
Why Super Mario All-Stars? Seems to me it wouldn't rise too much. It'll be more than you're bargain bin games just because it's a Mario game. But I don't see it being much more than $20-$30 because it's also on SNES and all the games on it are on Virtual Console and NES.

being redundant has virtually no bearing on its actual value.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:12 pm 
Next-Gen

AppleQueso wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

Sure it does, if the games are easily obtainable then why would people pay top dollar for them? This is why most Sega Genesis first-party titles are so cheap nowadays.

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:17 pm 
Next-Gen

BurningDoom wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

Sure it does, if the games are easily obtainable then why would people pay top dollar for them? This is why most Sega Genesis first-party titles are so cheap nowadays.

Oh man do I even need to begin to list all the games that are easily available via other, cheaper means (compilations, downloads, etc) that still sell for buttloads of money anyways?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1412 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 142  Next