Preschool Wii Games?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
SpaceBooger

Preschool Wii Games?

Post by SpaceBooger »

We have a Wii and most of the games for it are mine - Xenoblade, Skyward Sword, Metroid, etc...
With winter in the near future, my wife is looking for things to entertain the kids and keep them moving during the day since playing outside isn't an option until I come home from work.

So I ask this to my fellow RB members with young kids, since my kids love Wii Sports and are not good with NES style and Classic Controllers what are some good games to keep my 3 and 4 year old kids active? (Note they hate dance games, but love fitness style games)
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Re: Preschool Wii Games?

Post by Nintendork666 »

WarioWare: Smooth Moves? It's bright, colorful, funny, and exciting. Each of the game's challenges are pretty instinctual, so there shouldn't be much of a learning curve either.

AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

Pokemon Rumble? It's a button masher game that should be easy for them to pickup.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Humungous ports a bunch of games to the Wii, which are designed for young children.

There are also some Sesame Street games.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

SpaceBooger wrote:What are some good games to keep my 3 and 4 year old kids active?
(Note they hate dance games, but love fitness style games)

How about other Wii Balance Board games that are different from dancing? :idea:

Marble Saga Kororinpa - Guide the marble.
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party - Different party games
Vertigo - More marbles, even harder to control.
Wii Fit Plus - For the bicycle levels. :mrgreen:

Wii Balance Board Games List - viewtopic.php?f=52&p=637347#p637347 :D
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

aren't all Wii games for preschoolers? :twisted:
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Not that I'm trying to just shamelessly advertise my BST stuff, but...

I have these three Wii games: Ninjabread Man, Myth Makers Trixie in Toyland, and Chicken Blaster. I picked them up not knowing what they were just because they were super cheap. All are CIB. Ninjabread Man and Myth Makers seemed to me like the same game engine. They're 3D platformers, they're clearly meant for a younger audience. Chicken Blaster is a rail shooter "light gun" type game. Again, clearly for a younger audience, but it might be entertaining enough for parents and kids multiplayer (IIRC it does have multiplayer). It's compatible with the Zapper, but you could also just aim with the Wiimote. I don't think you even need the nunchuck.

They're yours if you want them, just shoot me a PM if you're interested.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I highly recommend the Go Diego Go games as they are very simplistic, easy to pick up and play and are a lot of fun for younger kids.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I actually really like the uDraw GameTablet. It has a pack-in "paint" type program and all of the additional games are meant for children (Disney Princesses, Marvel, SpongeBob, etc).
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

There are some WiiWare games aimed at very young children called 'Learning with the PooYoos!' They seem to be reviewed fairly well for what they are. There might be some dancing in it though :lol: