Re: Wii-U thoughts so far

Post by Ziggy »

Cross posting this for Wii U fans...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51618
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

Funny enough if I remember correctly, I actually disabled Miiverse because there was a weird glitch with that and certain games where a hard freeze occurred and had to hold the power button on the console for 4 seconds.

As for longevity, you can't buy replacement gamepads but currently Nintendo is offering a refurbished Wii U with a $25 eBay gift card for $200 on their own ebay store. It might not be ideal but it's something.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

The $200 refurbished Wii U with $25 ebay gift card is gone. I'm keeping an eye to see if more will pop up. But for now, they only have the $200 refurbished Wii U with Nintendo Land.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

Wii U refurbished is $175 for a limited time on Nintendo's online store.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Any thoughts on what game will be the last WiiU release? Think we might see one more FIFA game?
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

samsonlonghair wrote:Any thoughts on what game will be the last WiiU release? Think we might see one more FIFA game?

We're still seeing Just Dance games for the Wii.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I checked GameFAQs landing page for the Wii U. It says the last game for North America is a release of Zelda Explorer Edition that was announced today. However all publications state that's just for the Switch.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/wii-u

For the most part I'm pretty much done collecting games on the physical front for the system. 33 games deep. I have about 20 downloadable games on my wish list that I'm going to knock out slowly. Last one I got was Child of Light.

Down the line, most likely after the holidays, I'll probably pick up a second console, with will be refurbished in this case, from either Nintendo's eBay store or their direct store online.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Is the supply of GameCube controllers drying up? I still didn't get mine. I hope they don't inflate into $100's
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

RCBH928 wrote:Is the supply of GameCube controllers drying up? I still didn't get mine. I hope they don't inflate into $100's

The originals have been gone generations ago, and the ones released for the Wii U were likely in limited quantities. If it's still cheap and in the wild, it won't be for long.
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

Post by AznKhmerBoi »

So far i have about 30 games and going strong. I want to complete the WiiU collection as its my go to console from last gen.
PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05