Undecided
6%

Total votes : 277
dreamcast4ever83
128-bit

Re: Wii-U thoughts so far

by dreamcast4ever83 Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:19 am

D.D.D. wrote:
isiolia wrote:Good, bad, or indifferent, I see the Wii U's library following the same kind of pattern as the Wii's once the competition is released.

Y'know, I'm 100% okay with that. The Wii was my favorite system this generation and dare I say it, of all time (maybe - just because I can have all of Nintendo's systems in one console and that's damn wonderful).
Though I did have a lot of fun with PS3 games that I know the Wii couldn't do, I had more fun on the Wii. I more than likely will pick up a PS4 when ever it comes out... rather when it hits a decent ($300) price.
I am kinda expecting the Wii U to be $300 since Iwata (?) said they couldn't sell it for the same price (25,000yen) as the Wii was. That kinda sucks cuz Nintendo consoles have never been more than (25,000yen or $200).

I agree with you in alot of way's. The wii is my fav of the current generation. It proved that graphics are not everything and when it comes down to it we want fun games and it delivered on that!

One day racketboy will do a look back on this system and It will be remembered as a innovative ahead of it's time machine dispite the graphical limitations of the hardware.
Just look at the late releases were getting. Xenoblade, the last story there are so many great epic game's and alot fo them most people do not even know about.

This system will have a ton of rare and hard to find game's that one day collectors will be paying a high price for on ebay.

I have and will always fully support nintendo just as i support sega because they are the last word in video game's as far as im concerned and as for the Microsoft and sony? There amazing but lets not forget they followed after these 2 great company's.

I seriously get annoyed when i here this generation of gamer's claiming nintendo abandoned us and wii sucks. Try having some respect.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:41 am

It's kinda funny, I mean retro gamers seem to love the wii for all its retro throwback games.

When it came out it was supposed to be this totally new way to play games that was supposed to change everything and be very forward thinking, yet by the end of its life, it's probably the most 'retro' modern console ever.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:02 am

AppleQueso wrote:It's kinda funny, I mean retro gamers seem to love the wii for all its retro throwback games.

When it came out it was supposed to be this totally new way to play games that was supposed to change everything and be very forward thinking, yet by the end of its life, it's probably the most 'retro' modern console ever.

Probably cause it was the only console with the market for these games.

Nintendo gamers, best selling console in Japan (even though the PS3 has been outselling it the past couple of years), kids and over 30 gamers (both age groups lovers of platform games).

But the Wii U remains a big question mark. Nintendo needs some MUST HAVE software pronto. Let's hope Dragon Quest X in Japan, and New Super Mario Bros Wii U (seriously?) help it sell many Wii Us at the start so to have a viable install base for smaller publishers and developers to take advantage of its "non-graphic whores" audience, and come out with small quirky games that can become successful with less sales.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
equalsign
Next-Gen

by equalsign Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:19 am

eskil wrote:
equalsign wrote:I think it's more of a problem for Nintendo. Many of the people buying their systems are parents and grandparents that don't really have a clue when it comes to gaming consoles.
Yeah, but they're buying those consoles because they have kids and grandkids that keep nagging them to buy that shiny new thing.
"NO MOM YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE 'U' MEANS THAT ITS NEW AND BETTER AND I HAVE TO HAVE IT MOMMY PLEEEEAAASE"

Sometimes, but not every time. Gifts aren't always asked for. My Game Boy and NES were random gifts. Those were my first systems. It was the same for my best friend with his SNES and N64.

Many of the people I know that got a Wii did not get it for a specific child, but for the whole family. Wiis were often purchased just because of one or two games. I know plenty of folks that just have Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii, and NSMBW. I don't think many of those people will purchase another Wii system, even if they call it the WiiU and say it's something new.
Last edited by equalsign on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:23 am

Oh man.
I gotta decide between laptop without terrible win 8 or Wii U quick. I don't think the Wii U has Any super must haves, unless it has arkham city with all DLC bundled with the system (I mean gotye type game)
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
This account isn't used much anymore. You can find me on reddit and steam @ SamuraiMegas as well.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:28 am

SamuraiMegas wrote:Oh man.
I gotta decide between laptop without terrible win 8 or Wii U quick. I don't think the Wii U has Any super must haves, unless it has arkham city with all DLC bundled with the system (I mean gotye type game)

You can get this with either 'Game of the Year' edition Xbox360 or PS3 though.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:32 am

I know, but I never got to play catwoman missions and it might add more puzzles.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
This account isn't used much anymore. You can find me on reddit and steam @ SamuraiMegas as well.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:27 am

dreamcast4ever83 wrote:One day racketboy will do a look back on this system and It will be remembered as a innovative ahead of it's time machine dispite the graphical limitations of the hardware.
Just look at the late releases were getting. Xenoblade, the last story there are so many great epic game's and alot fo them most people do not even know about.

This system will have a ton of rare and hard to find game's that one day collectors will be paying a high price for on ebay.

I don't think it'll be seen as innovative necessarily. The only "innovation" the Wii hardware brought is motion controls, and opinion is decidedly mixed on those. Otherwise you're left with marketing/product positioning, which if you're not a bean-counter at Nintendo, was certainly not a win/win.

Despite some of the titles its gotten, the system has been mostly bad for third party developers. It has gotten a lot of fairly unique titles, but most of them are low budget projects. Some of them probably because the developers didn't have the money for HD development. Some of them because that's all the developer was willing to risk on the platform where only a minority of non-first party games do all that well (scan down the list here for example).

That may well result in a long list of hidden gems on the system down the line, with relatively few copies out there hidden amongst the stacks and stacks of shovelware.

I do wonder if the same number of worth-considering titles will hit the Wii U in that fashion though. The current landscape is different than it was when the Wii came out, with a lot more low-cost titles going to XBLA, PSN, and Steam direct distribution. There'll still be the market for bargain bin software on the system, just maybe not for much that'd be noteworthy for enthusiasts.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:35 am

ZeroAX wrote:But the Wii U remains a big question mark. Nintendo needs some MUST HAVE software pronto.

Yes, they do. A slow start works fine in the portable realm, since Nintendo's got so much confidence built up in the Gameboy and DS name already and their only competition is the Vita, but the Wii U can't wait a year for it's killer app. Nintendo will need to take full advantage of having a year of being the only ones with a next-gen console. They need to draw people in and build up hype so that by the time the Xbox 720 and PS4 arrive, they already have a strong base.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

by s1mplehumar Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:40 am

SamuraiMegas wrote:Oh man.

Simples. You grab the laptop in question, do a fresh install of Win7, and then purchase a WiiU because it reads "Nintendo" on the box. Just sayin'
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
Return to Nintendo