Not interested
16%
Undecided
6%

Total votes: 277

Opa Opa

Re: Wii-U thoughts so far

Post by Opa Opa »

I thought Nintendo would stay with Wii/3DS white.

Using PS Vita sky blue is quite strange.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

isiolia wrote:
I don't recall Super Mario Sunshine having a different color case, but maybe some regions or a limited edition thing.

The PS2 cases are a really, really dark blue that pretty much looks black unless you look at thinner areas of the plastic. Could maybe be seen as purple, but not really. Main thing I think of for purple cases are Kinect games.

The gamecube boxes are probably the most attractive. Its a black case, with a nice arcing shape. Idk, why must cases come in dumb colors like this?

You mean the logo? The actual Gamecube cases are a dark grey.

Far as different colors, probably just to distinguish them. The bright green that 360 cases are made of is pretty fugly, but you're probably not confusing them with anything.

(sunshine being purple)

Image (random PAL PS2 box, that is the standard color they come in, which again is purple)

(random PAL Gamecube case which is black).

So yeah....basically.....great job with consistency there Nintendo and Sony.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
irixith
Next-Gen

Post by irixith »

First people were upset about the name. WiiU, WiiU, WiiU, call the wahhhmbulance!
Then it was the tablet device. Oh noes, more gimmickz?!
Then it was something else. Random generic Nintendo bitching.
Then it was something else yet again. More random generic Nintendo bitching.
Now it's the box art. I don't like the colourz, it looks teh dumb!

Jesus, who cares what the box looks like? As long as it stands out at retail as being different from the other guys, what matters is what's inside the box. If Nintendo pulls yet another generation of offering a smattering of quality first party titles, some gimmicks and a stockpile of ports that don't mesh with the competition, THAT'S something to bitch about. I can at least get behind your argument and debate the merits.

The colour on the box though? Really?
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

While I do think the color scheme is ugly, I think it's interesting how they're going for something that looks like the Gamecube setup. If they'd just change the color to something darker and stronger, something that doesn't look pastel-y, it'd be fine.

As far as the system itself, I think I'll probably get it at launch. The opportunity to be part of the next generation of game systems from day 1 is something I've never experienced before and I now have the income to try it out this time if I choose. Besides, in the first year of its life the Wii U will most likely be getting some enhanced ports of current-gen titles, same as the 360 did in 2005-6.
Last edited by BoringSupreez on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

irixith wrote:First people were upset about the name. WiiU, WiiU, WiiU, call the wahhhmbulance!

Jesus, who cares what the box looks like? As long as it stands out at retail as being different from the other guys, what matters is what's inside the box. If Nintendo pulls yet another generation of offering a smattering of quality first party titles, some gimmicks and a stockpile of ports that don't mesh with the competition, THAT'S something to bitch about. I can at least get behind your argument and debate the merits.

For someone who complains about bitching, you sure do a lot of it yourself. If you can't stand people expressing their opinions, there are many lovely dictatorships around the world that would love to recruit you for their thought police. But last I checked I can find something I don't like (no matter how shallow) and express my honest, negative, opinion about it.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

irixith wrote:The colour on the box though? Really?

It is fairly ugly, but so is 360 green :lol:

I would consider it more an exercise in package design, because that does give an impression to the consumer. Nintendo is apparently not interested in evolving their brand identity to one that consumers would consider more a source for the kind of game that your other points mention. To me, I see that, and I feel like it's not going to try to be something more than the Wii.

So yeah....basically.....great job with consistency there Nintendo and Sony.

Ah, the Gamecube case isn't even the same mold as the one they used in the U.S. example).

U.S. (and far as I've seen Japanese) PS2 software uses the type of PS2 case I mentioned (examples). I'd just assumed they were worldwide due to that.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

isiolia wrote:U.S. (and far as I've seen Japanese) PS2 software uses the type of PS2 case I mentioned (examples). I'd just assumed they were worldwide due to that.

Oh god yes, now I remembered that I had an American game and those holes were annoying. They seem pretty different yes. I guess they had different factories making them so different design? Still it's surprising. Specially the difference in color of the PS2 games. Then again DS games also have very different cases.
irixith
Next-Gen

Post by irixith »

ZeroAX wrote:
irixith wrote:First people were upset about the name. WiiU, WiiU, WiiU, call the wahhhmbulance!

For someone who complains about bitching, you sure do a lot of it yourself. If you can't stand people expressing their opinions, there are many lovely dictatorships around the world that would love to recruit you for their thought police. But last I checked I can find something I don't like (no matter how shallow) and express my honest, negative, opinion about it.

Yes master. So sorry to have offended you master. Mental note: Expressing my disbelief regarding someone else's opinion is NOT OK. Only the original opinion is valid expression.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

irixith wrote:Yes master. So sorry to have offended you master. Mental note: Expressing my disbelief regarding someone else's opinion is NOT OK. Only the original opinion is valid expression.

But I wasn't complaining about you complaining about me complaining. I just decided to make fun of you and the irony of "complaining about complaining".

Besides, you didn't make a case FOR the boxart or why it will be irrelevant like other forum users did ( http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39608&start=50 ), where we talked, exchanged opinions, I said I disagree but whatever everyone has their own opinion. But all you did was complain about my opinion and then try to use my argument against me which is just silly.
Last edited by ZeroAX on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

Dammit guys, can't you be nice to each other?
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/