Not interested
16%
Undecided
6%

Total votes: 277

Flake

Re: Wii-U thoughts so far

Post by Flake »

irixith wrote:I'm in. Lego City. 'nuff said. LEGO!!

What is this Lego City?
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

It looks SOOOOO good. It basically sold me on the WiiU
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
brandman
32-bit

Post by brandman »

Flake wrote:Day one purchase.

Same. Pikmin 3 (been waiting 4 years for it [played the originals about 4 years ago] 4 patient, harsh, years). Assassins Creed 3, Rayman: Legends, Lego City, Scribblenauts Unlimited, etc. are what I'm aiming at getting for it during and sometime after the launch window.

I'll end up with the NSMBWU eventually, but that's definitely not too soon, and I'm waiting on some reviews for Zombie U (and any other games I don't buy with the console).
Image Image Image VVV
3DS Friend Code: 4382 - 2058 - 7982
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

This is actually a almost system seller for me. If there is even one more game I kiiind of want to play (like maybe the Wii U version of ACreed 3) I am buying a Wii U as soon as possible (aka, when I can fucking afford it :( )
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

Flake wrote:
Stark wrote:
Flake wrote:Day one purchase.

Really? Why? What compels thee thusly? I mean I probably will too, but I don't have a good reason to. Rayman Legends is the closest I can get to a system seller for me.

Life long nintendo fan. Bought the Wii day one and never looked back. Until I burnt through that launch model and had to buy a new one.

Same here and the Wii was definitely my most-played system this gen (well I only had it and the PS3).
But nothing screams "gotta have" for me... What do you see that's so appealing in the launch titles?
AssCreed3 looks damn cool (didn't play any before 3) and Pikmin3 looks good, not as good as I expected it to, and lastly Rayman. I just don't see anything like Zelda:Twilight, WiiSports, etc that screams "play me!" I'll most likely still get it cuz I really have tons of fun on N-consoles but I just wonder how long it's gonna be until the first "Wow" title comes out.
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Project P-100 was pretty fun. I got to try the demo at PAX and based on that I'll definitely snag that game when it releases.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Not immediately. I probably won't have enough money to get it until at least next year.

I'm getting giddy though. Something about Nintendo screams to the 6 year old who bought his first Game Boy in me. I wanted a Wii, but ultimately bought a Xbox 360 due to not having enough room. (Between 200 lb CRT, Bed, Bookshelves, stereo, and desk, room is a bit tight.)

Also, the newest rumor claims the Wii U will cost $249 for a base model, with 3 different SKUs. I can see Ninty removing their gentlemanly glove to beat the shit of of Microsoft and Sony in the sales department, assuming they bring teh gaemez.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

ZeroAX wrote:I am buying a Wii U as soon as possible (aka, when I can fucking afford it :( )

^ This.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Yeah, I'd be in day one, but I'm unemployed, so it'll have to wait until I have the money to buy it. It's been a little while since I didn't get a Nintendo console at launch now.

There's a fair amount that looks fun been shown for it already, I'm certainly happy. Pikmin 3 is the real selling point for me though. Been waiting for that game for so long!
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:Also, the newest rumor claims the Wii U will cost $249 for a base model, with 3 different SKUs. I can see Ninty removing their gentlemanly glove to beat the shit of of Microsoft and Sony in the sales department, assuming they bring teh gaemez.

They've yet to show much that'd really pull people away from the 360 or PS3, particularly with the effective power of the system apparently not being much better than those systems (Mass Effect 3 is still 720p on the Wii U, for example).

I do think they'll see good sales, but not so much based on launch library. More on the basis of being the first new home console in years, and not launching against anything in particular. It's going to enjoy the status (and sales) of being the newest thing out.

I'm more in the "maybe later" camp. Fun as it can be to grab a console at launch, there's nothing announced for it that's even close to a must-have for me. Historically, most consoles wind up with something that'd justify the purchase, so I can't rule it out, but there's just nothing yet.