16%
Undecided
6%

Total votes: 277

retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Re: Wii-U thoughts so far

Post by retrosportsgamer »

^ So tell us the story on how you finagled Mario & Sonic Rio.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

It's not a great story but I Went for a drive to visit a couple of Gamestop stores, I wanted to go pick up Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper for $10, and the second store had a Walmart nearby. The Walmart had previously had cheap Zelda 45th Anniversary Amiibo's so I wanted to see if they had anymore, they didn't and I regret not picking up more when I went the first time. I was looking through the display case and there was a copy of Rio sitting all by itself. I actually debated picking it up since $60 is a lot for a game but I had told myself if I ever saw it at a retail store I would grab it. I just dumb lucked my way into essentially.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Strongly considering the Guitar Hero Wii U bundle - $19.99 new at this point. Feels like a weird system for the game after always playing those on ps2/360 personally. I mean you get the guitar too!
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

I picked it up a while back for $25 so $20 is a great deal. If it's something you're interested in and have the room for I would certainly consider it.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

So Cars 3 has been announced for Wii U and Nordic announced it's still releasing Darksiders for the Wii U in May. Besides Elkin and myself is anyone planning to pick these up?
My FS/FT/WTTF list:

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
Anayo
Next-Gen

Post by Anayo »

I've stocked up on all the good Wii U games ( Bayonetta 1 & 2, Splatoon, Captain Toad, Pokken Tournament, Wonderful 101, etc.) but I've played very few of them. I may ironically end up playing my Wii U after it's dead and the Switch picks up steam. My only worry is that Nintendo will cut off Wii U online support soon. I wish they'd grandfather Wii U's into whatever service they're making Switch owners pay for. I think I'd pay to continue having Wii U online play for at least another year.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

Anayo wrote:I've stocked up on all the good Wii U games ( Bayonetta 1 & 2, Splatoon, Captain Toad, Pokken Tournament, Wonderful 101, etc.) but I've played very few of them. I may ironically end up playing my Wii U after it's dead and the Switch picks up steam. My only worry is that Nintendo will cut off Wii U online support soon. I wish they'd grandfather Wii U's into whatever service they're making Switch owners pay for. I think I'd pay to continue having Wii U online play for at least another year.

I would definitely pay for another year of online Wii U service. I won't be getting a Switch until next year likely and have a ton of Wii and Wii U games to play.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:

Game Systems Owned:
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

Sarge wrote:Finally got around to modding the virtual Wii portion on my Wii U. Now I've got to figure out a good way to set things up without the Wii U griping at me about my memory stick not being formatted for the system.

The main reason I finally went through with it is my lack of room in my current setup. The Switch has displaced my Wii spot. :P

(And yes, that GBATemp guide worked swimmingly for everything. No issues whatsoever.)

Still use my modded Wii, not sure im up to modding the Wii U yet, the enhance resolution from HDMI would be nice though.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

I posted a couple replies to this today, mainly touching on how weird the retail life cycles were for WiiU titles.

Author brings up a good point in comments that these $19.99 games out now (Runbow) probably got like 2-3 max per store and will be long gone once they sell.

http://www.rfgeneration.com/news/wii-u/ ... U-3488.php
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

retrosportsgamer wrote:I posted a couple replies to this today, mainly touching on how weird the retail life cycles were for WiiU titles.

Author brings up a good point in comments that these $19.99 games out now (Runbow) probably got like 2-3 max per store and will be long gone once they sell.

http://www.rfgeneration.com/news/wii-u/ ... U-3488.php

Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll try to run around a little this weekend and check some stores out.

The era of Nintendo's Saturn begins now... :lol: