16%
Undecided
6%

Total votes: 277

Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Wii-U thoughts so far

Post by Sarge »

Oh, it wouldn't make any sense at all, but I've seen such stupid stuff in our law system that it wouldn't surprise me. Did anyone ever sue over the epidemic of "bullshots" for video game promos?
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

The hardware is as much a fuck up as Saturn but boy did Wii U offer some great games in the small pool it had. I really do like the Wii U. Maybe my 2nd or 3rd fave Nintendo console. It gave me Bayonetta 2,the best Smash game ever the best MK game ever. XCX,Botw,3D world,The Wonderful 101,Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE,Hyrule Warriors,Splatoon and Pokken. Wii U needed to happen tho to remind Nintendo to not get complacent. Sony does after a big success and Nintendo always has. So maybe PS5 will make XBO or PS3 like mistakes early. Console makers need a reminder every so often.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Sarge wrote:Oh, it wouldn't make any sense at all, but I've seen such stupid stuff in our law system that it wouldn't surprise me. Did anyone ever sue over the epidemic of "bullshots" for video game promos?

See, the "bullshots" thing would be a worthy suit, IMO, because it's so prevalent and is an industry-wide issue that needs some external restraint. With a misprint or mistake on frame rate, that wouldn't be worth more than a return-it-for-a-refund.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Another funny thing about the packaging is the case displays a 15 age rating, but the disc art has an 18 age rating on it.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Sarge wrote:Oh, it wouldn't make any sense at all, but I've seen such stupid stuff in our law system that it wouldn't surprise me. Did anyone ever sue over the epidemic of "bullshots" for video game promos?

Ads these days tend to have fine print about that kind of stuff, so it's possible people did. Unless the ad actually outright claims it's a legitimate screenshot from a release version I don't know if there'd be much to complain about though.

Developers end up revising games a lot between E3 stage shows and release, and it can just be part of the process.

Reprise wrote:Another funny thing about the packaging is the case displays a 15 age rating, but the disc art has an 18 age rating on it.

Is that maybe a result of having a region-free disc being sold in a variety of markets?
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

isiolia wrote:
Reprise wrote:Another funny thing about the packaging is the case displays a 15 age rating, but the disc art has an 18 age rating on it.

Is that maybe a result of having a region-free disc being sold in a variety of markets?

At a guess, it's probably rated 18 in Europe and in the UK, where I'm from, it has been rated 15 instead for whatever reason.

I don't really get how it works, because we have our own certification system in the UK, but it's usually only used for films and seldom used for games. Usually we adopt the same system as in Europe (PEGI).

I just found it interesting.

Anyways, I played the game and it looks great on the Wii U. The framerate is a bit choppy though, but I expected it. I kinda just bought it for the novelty of it being one of the last Wii U games and also I have Darksiders II on the Wii U, so it made sense to get the first game on the same console.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

My copy should be in the mail tomorrow, but I also pre-ordered it a year ago. :lol:
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

Mine is supposed to arrive next Tuesday. I'm glad I was able to get one.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Updated delivery date for my copy of Darksiders...I'm getting it before the end of the month! Yay!
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

My copy's not coming till the end of next week.... When I won't be at home.

Oh well :lol: