16%
Undecided
6%

Total votes: 277

dreamcast4ever83
128-bit

Re: Wii-U thoughts so far

Post by dreamcast4ever83 »

I may not be able to pre order my shenmue 3 or fanboy out over a new sega system announcement but I will sure as hell be getting the new nintendo which is the only original gaming company still making systems
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

oooh god, I just saw this picture again and remembered the horrible Wii U logo on the boxart

I sure as hell hope this thing isn't the final design. Blue and yellow....who even thought of that? :S
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

ZeroAX wrote:I sure as hell hope this thing isn't the final design.

Yeahhh, that's kinda what I was thinking.
Solus_Emsu
16-bit

Post by Solus_Emsu »

I think that's just a particularly bad mash-up of box art and system label. In contrast:

ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Solus_Emsu wrote:I think that's just a particularly bad mash-up of box art and system label. In contrast:

And what about games that don't feature bright sky blue colors on the box art? I don't know....I just really don't like this package design.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

ZeroAX wrote:
Solus_Emsu wrote:I think that's just a particularly bad mash-up of box art and system label. In contrast:

And what about games that don't feature bright sky blue colors on the box art? I don't know....I just really don't like this package design.

I hear you but, what do you want more, to stare at your boxes or play the games?
I still think the Xbox lime green is awful but then again, they are in the closet on a shelf so I don't really care.
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
BlackDS
Next-Gen

Post by BlackDS »

The gamecube boxes are probably the most attractive. Its a black case, with a nice arcing shape. Idk, why must cases come in dumb colors like this?
Ack wrote:You WILL be respectful of each other, or I WILL shove my mod foot so far up your Internet ass that your avatar will wince. Do you understand, children?

My Sale thread, lots of nintendo, neo-geo, and sega stuff!
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24526&p=305373#p305373
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

BlackDS wrote:The gamecube boxes are probably the most attractive. Its a black case, with a nice arcing shape. Idk, why must cases come in dumb colors like this?

Yes they are (though I think Super Mario Sunshine had a purple one for some reason). Though personally I like the Wii Cases too. Was it the PS2 that had mostly purple game cases?

Also for the Wii U, I don't really mind the blue box, as much as the blue and yellow logo. I just hate the color yellow :/
dreamcast4ever83
128-bit

Post by dreamcast4ever83 »

All I know is I want a wii u its not even a debate I get every new systems that's comes out as long as its not a crazy price like the ps3 which thought it was a neo geo
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

ZeroAX wrote:Yes they are (though I think Super Mario Sunshine had a purple one for some reason). Though personally I like the Wii Cases too. Was it the PS2 that had mostly purple game cases?

I don't recall Super Mario Sunshine having a different color case, but maybe some regions or a limited edition thing.

The PS2 cases are a really, really dark blue that pretty much looks black unless you look at thinner areas of the plastic. Could maybe be seen as purple, but not really. Main thing I think of for purple cases are Kinect games.

The gamecube boxes are probably the most attractive. Its a black case, with a nice arcing shape. Idk, why must cases come in dumb colors like this?

You mean the logo? The actual Gamecube cases are a dark grey.

Far as different colors, probably just to distinguish them. The bright green that 360 cases are made of is pretty fugly, but you're probably not confusing them with anything.