Not interested
16%
Undecided
6%

Total votes: 277

AppleQueso

Re: Wii-U thoughts so far

Post by AppleQueso »

Retrogamer0001 wrote:If history has told us anything, it's that buying a new console at launch is asking for disaster to strike - especially since the hardware is new and still has bugs left to work out. Examples include:

PS1: Plastic components melting due to overheating
PS2: Overheating leading to fire hazard
PS3: YLOD
360: RROD

There are others, I'm sure, but I'm personally going to wait for at least the 2nd generation of Wii-U consoles before I take the risk to buy one.

Okay wow this is the first I've heard of that. I remember the disc read errors being a big deal, but fire hazard?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

AppleQueso wrote:
Retrogamer0001 wrote:If history has told us anything, it's that buying a new console at launch is asking for disaster to strike - especially since the hardware is new and still has bugs left to work out. Examples include:

There are others, I'm sure, but I'm personally going to wait for at least the 2nd generation of Wii-U consoles before I take the risk to buy one.

Okay wow this is the first I've heard of that. I remember the disc read errors being a big deal, but fire hazard?

I can confirm that issue with the PS2.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I thought that was the Oxbox.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

MrPopo wrote:

I thought that was the Oxbox.

Both. The oXbox was more prevalent of the two I believe.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

AppleQueso wrote:

Agree. The Fat PS3 and older 360 are the portable room heaters.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

CRTGAMER wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:

Agree. The Fat PS3 and older 360 are the portable room heaters.

It was the power supply and cord, that was a problem.
Solus_Emsu
16-bit

Post by Solus_Emsu »

Will we see a repeat of last generation?

In that not trying to push the hardware performance boundaries; Nintendo releases a more reliable system. Followed by Microsoft and Sony's much more powerful yet buggy systems sometime after?
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Stark wrote:It was the power supply and cord, that was a problem.

For the XBox it was the early models. In the case of the PS2, it was a problem with the Slim, so it doesn't make sense in an argument against launch hardware.

Did Nintendo address the relatively widespread Wii laser issues in a revision?
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

I was at PAX Prime last weekend and I played it for the first time and saw some launch games and overall I was pretty impressed with some and others not as much. Pikmin 3 was my favorite next to New Super Mario Bros. U and if they are both available on day one or before the end of the year which seems likely I will definitely be picking one up at launch along with the traditional controller. 8)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Dakinggamer87 wrote:I was at PAX Prime last weekend and I played it for the first time and saw some launch games and overall I was pretty impressed with some and others not as much. Pikmin 3 was my favorite next to New Super Mario Bros. U and if they are both available on day one or before the end of the year which seems likely I will definitely be picking one up at launch along with the traditional controller. 8)

Those are probably the games I least want on that system xD. Anyone tried Lego City and Zombie U yet?
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.