16%
Undecided
6%

Total votes: 277

retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Re: Wii-U thoughts so far

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Random WiiU comment: holy shit does Hyrule Legends have a lot of updates. I went from 1.00 to 1.12 and they give you detailed notes and some new addons for a lot of them. Seems like it got a lot of service with all the DL packs associated with other Zelda games. I'm actually pretty interested in the code that comes with the 3DS version which gives you a bunch of characters in the game. I have never played a Dynasty Warrior game before so this all feels very fresh.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

retrosportsgamer wrote:I have never played a Dynasty Warrior game before so this all feels very fresh.

Wish I could say that. :lol: :roll:
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

retrosportsgamer wrote:Random WiiU comment: holy shit does Hyrule Legends have a lot of updates. I went from 1.00 to 1.12 and they give you detailed notes and some new addons for a lot of them. Seems like it got a lot of service with all the DL packs associated with other Zelda games. I'm actually pretty interested in the code that comes with the 3DS version which gives you a bunch of characters in the game. I have never played a Dynasty Warrior game before so this all feels very fresh.

Oh man I love Hyrule Warriors. One of my most played wii u games, it's also one of the few games that takes split screen and splits it between gamepad and tv. I still haven't gone back to get all the Legends DLC characters. I need to, it's one of those games where even if I don't use all the characters...I want all the characters.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

The boss mode as a giant Gannon is so fucking broken but so damn fun at the same time! :lol:
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Thought it was really cool that Shovel Knight (WiiU) - a game I purchased digitally in advance of any physical announcement - continues to update, including to now the Treasure Trove version just released on the Switch.

I only caught this because I was looking at my download purchase history and it surprised me since they changed the name of the game. I guess I always figured you had to pay for those Plague Knight and the other one as DLC - turns out they were free addons (the physical version has the first two guys on disc).

So I had not actually played this before and worked through the first Plains level tonight. I really like how they manage dying/items/etc.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

My interest in a Wii U is growing again, but I'm oddly worried about longevity, seeing as I don't know how long Nintendo will push out replacement game pads.

So, just seeing if anybody here might know, is there a way through homebrew or some such to get full use out of the system without need for the game pad, in the event my broke?
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:My interest in a Wii U is growing again, but I'm oddly worried about longevity, seeing as I don't know how long Nintendo will push out replacement game pads.

So, just seeing if anybody here might know, is there a way through homebrew or some such to get full use out of the system without need for the game pad, in the event my broke?

I feel certain that such a homebrew will become available if one isn't already. I wouldn't worry too too much about that, especially since *most* of the features can be accessed with the pro controller anyway.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I do my best to use the pro controller when ever I can. Probably not the answer you were looking for but I have shared a similar fear since nintendo never sold replacement gamepads on their online store.

Edit: I thought I was done buying games for the system but I decided to pick up a few more before they are gone. For $75 I got the two Assassin's Creeds, Batman Origins, and Darksiders Warmaster. They are indeed multiplatform games but I wanted them.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I keep thinking to myself that I want to stop collecting games for the Wii U but I always cave and add to my collection. Today I made purchases to round out some first party games I missed: Paper Mario Color Splash, Kirby Rainbow Curse, and Yoshi Woolly World.

I got them for cheaper than when they were released so it's good that I waited. However I think the groups sentiment is that Wii U games, especially first party games, may be difficult to find in the near future.

Amyway, that's my update. I'm looking for Rayman Legends. It's not first party but I read it's the best version of the game. On the fence for Smash Bros.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:My interest in a Wii U is growing again, but I'm oddly worried about longevity, seeing as I don't know how long Nintendo will push out replacement game pads.

If you are the current firmware, you cannot homebrew. My understanding is that homebrew does support some operation without gamepad.