smartboycart.com ?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
lumpen
8-bit

smartboycart.com ?

Post by lumpen »

I've ordered one 2 weeks ago and only got a weird Paypal invoice: Receipt for Your Payment to 周 欣培

What kind of 周 欣培 ? I thought the "company" is from Poland.
I have sent a letter but got no reply.
They don't have any contact form or email or phone on the webpage. I have their gmail (!) address from last year when they replied anyway.
Does anyone have experience with them?
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Re: smartboycart.com ?

Post by KalessinDB »

Had never even heard of the product until right now.

I hope it works out for you, but if it doesn't, be aware that Krikzz of Everdrive fame is currently working on a GB/GBC Everdrive. Smart money's on it continuing the ED tradition of being the best damn flash carts on the market.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
lumpen
8-bit

Post by lumpen »

I'm not into the flashcart but the USB writer/reader to save the images from my GB cameras. Do you know any alternative?
I'd also like to know what to expect from smartboy. It looks like not much, they took my money and that's all. Not sure what one can do in cases like this. I suspect Paypal also doesn't take any responsibility..
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

I'd try to contact them via that email address you have and if you don't get a reply shortly then leave a comment on their latest post. If you still don't get any sort of reply then open a case with PayPal's Resolution Center. Assuming you didn't "donate" the money to them, PayPal can return your money back.

I don't like the look of this outfit. From the lousy WordPress design and lack of checkout system with only PayPal buttons, I'm lead to believe this is either an amateur or a con artist.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
lumpen
8-bit

Post by lumpen »

Yes the whole thing was amateur even their old page but there were good reviews.
http://www.gameboycarts.com/2009/11/sma ... rt-review/

So it would be strange to go from existing product to con artist.
The new redesigned one is up on aliexpress too:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 76797.html
But at much higher price.
The page might be hijacked or something but anyway thanks for the Paypal tip. I'll wait till december and if still there is no answer nor product then i'll give it a go.
lumpen
8-bit

Post by lumpen »

Got a reply. Shipped yesterday. Fingers crossed.
lumpen
8-bit

Post by lumpen »

Finally. The stuff looks good, and the build quality looks solid too.
But they haven't sent the software and there isn't any download on their "site". Without SW, it's junk. Does anyone know of any software for this unit? Since they doesn't reply too often to my emails..
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

I made an account to tell you that they have put the soft ware download on their sit(http://www.smartboycart.com). If you can back up and restore the .sav on your orginal game boy cartridges can you post back and say? It would help a lot. I'm planning on getting one if I can back up my pokempn gen 1~2 and restore them when the battery dies. Thanks.
lumpen
8-bit

Post by lumpen »

Toxic wrote:I made an account to tell you that they have put the soft ware download on their sit(http://www.smartboycart.com). If you can back up and restore the .sav on your orginal game boy cartridges can you post back and say? It would help a lot. I'm planning on getting one if I can back up my pokempn gen 1~2 and restore them when the battery dies. Thanks.

Hi,

got your PM also but better to asnwer here, it may be helpful to others.
The other day they sent me the DL link. It looks like they decided to share it without user request, well it's a progress :)

The answer to your questiuon is yes, technically. i have tried with Donkey Kong but it's already lost the saved state (grr... at about 80%..probably a battery issue) so i have saved then loaded back the same 1-1 level state. I'm almost sure it would work with a real saved one.
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

Thanks so much I bought this like a week ago and they haven't sent me any information about it. All I got was a email saying. Echeck cleared to (Chinese lettes)from PayPal.