i think my wii classic controller is a fake!

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

i think my wii classic controller is a fake!

Post by ninjainspandex »

well i just hacked my wii and installed some emulators and i noticed alot of input lag only when i use my classic controller, no lag is present when i use a gamecube or just the wiimote. so i started doing some research and found that 3rd party classic controller and fakes tend to be the culprit so i started examining my classic controller which i bought used at a media xchange store so it never had a box. i noticed that no where does it say nintendo, it does however say wii on the front but on the back there is a space shaped like the nintendo lable but it is blank. anyone want to post some pics of the back of an official classic controller and confirm if indeed there is supposed to be an imprinted nintendo logo.
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Re: i think my wii classic controller is a fake!

Post by xan_racketBOY_fan »

ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

yep mines a fake, cue the waa waaa waaaa noise lol

its hard to see in this pic but the screws are just normal phillips head not security also does your wii logo on the front have a tm or (R) next to it, mine does not
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

went on ebay today to get a legit classic controller, oh my god there are so many fake ones up for sale all for rediculous low prices. i guess ill just go to best buy or game stop and buy one that i know is legit. its too bad there arnt any good gamecube fight pads like the ps2 street fighter anniversary one, that controller is the best controller ever made for emulators. its soo comfortable
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Worse than the fake Wii classic controllers (I would look at amazon also) is the fake Gamecube controllers. They are everywhere.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

retrosportsgamer wrote:Worse than the fake Wii classic controllers (I would look at amazon also) is the fake Gamecube controllers. They are everywhere.

I know! And they're so damn cheap. I hate it even when the ebay title says "real 1st party" and then has a generic knockoff as a picture. :evil:
Flake

Post by Flake »

o.pwuaioc wrote:
retrosportsgamer wrote:Worse than the fake Wii classic controllers (I would look at amazon also) is the fake Gamecube controllers. They are everywhere.

I know! And they're so damn cheap. I hate it even when the ebay title says "real 1st party" and then has a generic knockoff as a picture. :evil:

This is why I stocked up back in the day. The knock offs were getting pervasive even before the dirt on the 'cubes grave had settled.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

anyone have luck with one of these using wii emulators? sounds like a dream come true.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-in-1-SNES-NES ... 500wt_1180
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Flake wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:

This is why I stocked up back in the day. The knock offs were getting pervasive even before the dirt on the 'cubes grave had settled.

I noticed that. I think it's because of the Wii originally having Gamecube controller ports, so there was suddenly a lot more demand for GCN controllers right when the GCN was fading out.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

well i went to gamestop and bought a brand new classic controller, i didnt know they redesigned them. wow are they comfortable and it works just fine with my emulators, i also ordered that snes/nes to wii adaptor but now that this classic controller is so comfortable i might not even use it.