Best nes baseball game to pick up

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
mas
Next-Gen

Best nes baseball game to pick up

Post by mas »

I wanted to pick up 2 or 3 nes baseball games to play during the baseball season this year. I have the best football games which is tecmo and super tecmo bowl. I own the best hockey games ice hockey and blades of steel. I don't own any basketball games for the nes either so if you can add a couple basketball games to own also it would be great. But I just wanted to know which games to pick up for baseball. Bases loaded 1,2,3 or 4, rbi baseball 1,2,or3, mlb baseball, tecmo baseball, baseball stars 1,2, baseball stimulater 1000, base wars. There are too many baseball games for me to decide. Thanks for any feedback you give me gamers
Cody_D165
24-bit

Re: Best nes baseball game to pick up

Post by Cody_D165 »

I've never tried it myself, but I've heard from many, many people that Baseball Stars (the original) is the way to go.
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loves the Nintendo e-Reader.

I'm learning to make chiptune music in my spare time :P Check out my Soundcloud!
http://soundcloud.com/eight-badges
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Base Wars hands down.
deathsled
128-bit

Post by deathsled »

Xeogred wrote:Base Wars hands down.

seconded lol
girlracer
Next-Gen

Post by girlracer »

bad news baseball :)
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

baseball stars. for me, rbi baseball is one of my favorites too. never cared for rbi 2 or 3 though, just doesn't feel the same.
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Post by Nintendork666 »

deathsled wrote:
Xeogred wrote:Base Wars hands down.

seconded lol

thirded.

Base Wars rules.
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image
valgalder
16-bit

Post by valgalder »

Baseball Stars 1 and 2.
the King
Next-Gen

Post by the King »

Baseball Stars was one of the first sports games to have data memory, therefore players could create a team, configure baseball league & play a season, and the game's memory chip stored cumulative statistics. Baseball Stars was also the first sports game for the NES to have a create a player feature; giving gamers the power to name their players, as well as their teams. The game also introduced a role playing element; as each game played earns the winning team money, and the amount won is directly related to the sum of the prestige ratings of the players from both teams (as prestige determines how many paying fans attend the game). The money can be used to purchase upgrades to the various abilities of players currently on the roster, or it can be used to purchase pre-designed players.

Or you could just play with the American Dreams which was a default team with such players as "Babe" (Babe Ruth) and "Cy" and "Willie" (I'm sure you can figure out who Cy and Willie are) just to name a few.

Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

Here are my choices:

1. Base Wars- Possibly the BEST baseball game ever. Pure silly fun.

2. Baseball Stars- I have to agree with others here. This one is good, and a look into the future of what sports games would be.

3. Baseball- yup, the original. Why? Because it's a great representation of how far we've come. Plus, it's one of those cool looking early black label NES games.

Runner-up: Bases Loaded- For me, this is nostalgic. That's the only reason for having it, unless you really like the behind the pitcher view.