Is my cartridge bad?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
fredthezombie
24-bit

Is my cartridge bad?

Post by fredthezombie »

Hey guys I have got my NES up and running, with a new 72 pin connector most if not all my games work great, and even with out pushing them in the down position. However one game I am having huge problems with is Zelda 2 no matter how hard I try it just won't work, I did get it to turn on just now and it still has my old file but it froze when I went into a town. When I put the game in it doas not do the blinking light either. Any suggestions?
cookie monster
Next-Gen

Re: Is my cartridge bad?

Post by cookie monster »

Try cleaning the cart it may me dirty use alcohol on q tips rub the pins then use the other end to dry them. Since you put new pins in you may as well clean all your games.
fredthezombie
24-bit

Post by fredthezombie »

Well I did clean them all, that is another reason I am confused, I did half water half alcohol should it be all alcohol.
ksloth
32-bit

Post by ksloth »

One thing I have found to help as well is to first unplug the NES, get the contacts on the game pretty wet with alcohol, and insert/remove it in the NES quickly several times, to clean the NES contacts as well as the carts'.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

fredthezombie wrote:Well I did clean them all, that is another reason I am confused, I drank half water half alcohol should it be all alcohol.

Yes.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

ksloth wrote:One thing I have found to help as well is to first unplug the NES, get the contacts on the game pretty wet with alcohol, and insert/remove it in the NES quickly several times, to clean the NES contacts as well as the carts'.

Just like what those old cleaning kits they'd always sell you at FuncoLand did! :lol:
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
ksloth
32-bit

Post by ksloth »

Yessir!

ExedExes wrote:
ksloth wrote:One thing I have found to help as well is to first unplug the NES, get the contacts on the game pretty wet with alcohol, and insert/remove it in the NES quickly several times, to clean the NES contacts as well as the carts'.

Just like what those old cleaning kits they'd always sell you at FuncoLand did! :lol:
ChuChu Flamingo
64-bit

Post by ChuChu Flamingo »

Just use rubbing alcohol/electrical contact cleaner to clean the contacts. Mixing the alcohol with water is only reducing the effectiveness of the cleaning solution and giving more potential to corrode/rust your contacts.

Do you have a gamebit by chance? That is really the only way to clean contacts 100%. The contacts may have rust/corrosion.
fredthezombie
24-bit

Post by fredthezombie »

I do not, but I have heard that you can make them with a pen tube.
Duke.Togo
128-bit

Post by Duke.Togo »

Odd that I ran across this, but I recently picked up a cart that had the wrong board in it (Zelda II), and got to keep it when the replacement came in. If you can't get that running and you just want a board swap, send me a PM.

I'd highly recommend what everyone else is saying here. Get a Game Bit, open it up and do a thorough cleaning. Use a soft white art eraser on the contacts if alcohol won't do the trick.