So who actually plans on getting a Wii U

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Zing
Next-Gen

Re: So who actually plans on getting a Wii U

Post by Zing »

I agree that the chance of this new system changing the video signal from any Wii game is pretty much zero.

I really wish it would, though. Or at least properly pass the anamorphic signal so TVs can auto detect widescreen modes.
Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Zing wrote:I agree that the chance of this new system changing the video signal from any Wii game is pretty much zero.

I really wish it would, though. Or at least properly pass the anamorphic signal so TVs can auto detect widescreen modes.

Certainly there's no precedent for it, but one can hope. I need to look into dolphin, how do you get your Wiimote to sync with your PC?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Stark wrote:
Zing wrote:I agree that the chance of this new system changing the video signal from any Wii game is pretty much zero.

Certainly there's no precedent for it, but one can hope. I need to look into dolphin, how do you get your Wiimote to sync with your PC?

If your PC has bluetooth it's pretty easy to do. Just search for bluetooth devices and press 1 + 2 on your wii over and over until it connects.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

And if it doesn't you can get a USB Bluetooth dongle very cheaply.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I want too, extremely badly. Keep my 'Cube, skip wii, pick up the Wii U. I just wish they would have gone through the name change they suggested.

Here's too hoping Nintendo can pull off another SNES generation! Sadly, I will most likely not be able to get it at launch.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
scarper
128-bit

Post by scarper »

I've found that Nintendo never does things that either:
A: Makes too much sense.
or B: Will please too many fans.
scikoolaid
8-bit

Post by scikoolaid »

This gen has taught me a strong lesson to avoid buying in at launch at any cost, wait until you are absolutely sure you are buying the best model that will exist and with a well worthwhile game library BEFORE you commit your cash to such system.

The 3DS was a bitter lesson I won't forget, and I am very happy the PS3 and Xbox360 had jack shit that interested me until they were both slimmed down. I would have wanted to end myself if I bought a PS3 for $600 at any past life and the same goes for the Xbox 360.

WiiU won't be getting anywhere near my wallet unless I see a new F-Zero AND Star Fox game. And coupled with those 2 new entries to the series' I want a new Zelda and Mario Galaxy 2 to be waiting to be bought. I can't see a new Metroid being anywhere near the pipeline this time around, and DKC returns is another side-bonus I can certainly see happening.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I never got a Wii but I'd like to get a Wii U just for Dragon Quest X.
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

Shouldn't we have gotten some gameplay trailers and screenshots by now?

Where the hell are the Wii U games that are going to sell this system??
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
sabrage
Next-Gen

Post by sabrage »

Weekend_Warrior wrote:Shouldn't we have gotten some gameplay trailers and screenshots by now?

Where the hell are the Wii U games that are going to sell this system??

I think they showed up a little early last E3 with it, and one would hope they're adjusting their technology considering that it's been a year. But if not, they're going to need to pull out some spectacular exclusives to win me over.

And every game had better support 1080p. PCs are miles ahead in terms of high-resolution support, and that one thing that really bothered me was that most people have no idea... Hell, I'm waiting for another excuse to get a 2560×1440 monitor.