So who actually plans on getting a Wii U

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: So who actually plans on getting a Wii U

Post by fastbilly1 »

I am hoping to have enough squirreled away for the console and whatever launch titles and atleast two launch titles. I am REALLY hoping for a Fzero title on it.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

i'll know when launch day comes and what games are layed before our eyes. if nothing appeals to me during the months after it released then i'll still be happy playing my N64 and Gamecube. But i know in the end i'll eventually get one.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

I really need to see what Nintendo shows at E3 in order to make my decision about the WiiU. As of right now, it sounds like the Playstation Vita with it's physical buttons and touch screen.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

I probably won't be, unless it can up-res a Wii game. Otherwise I will be looking into doing the dolphin Wii emulator for my PC. Skyward Sword could look so much better!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Pichu
128-bit

Post by Pichu »

I will for Christmas of 2013.

It's a Nintendo console, I have to get it eventually. Might as well plan for it. Plus that gives at least a solid year to build stuff up.
ejamer
128-bit

Post by ejamer »

At this stage it's almost cheaper to buy new than get a Wii repaired, and my console has been having some (inconsistent) issues booting lately. If Nintendo includes a way to transfer all digital purchases over then I'll probably throw that money towards the purchase price of a Wii U when my Wii dies. Personally, I don't think it's likely though.

Otherwise I'll wait for a year or so and see if there is enough incentive to buy. No offense to anyone who gets really excited about new hardware, but being an early adopter is for suckers... or at least for people who have significantly more entertainment money than I do.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

Jontendo wrote:I'll forgo the launch purchase prestige, but otherwise pretty much have to get one eventually. Despite big N making it easier, I still can't say no to their consoles.

+1
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

The Wii is the only console, handhelds excluded, I bought day and date of launch and it'll be the last one. I like my Wii as I like all of my Nintendo consoles but I have less money this go around so I'll be waiting for a price drop or two before I commit to this one though I will be getting one at some point... maybe Christmas 2013. In the meantime I'll continue working on my Wii library and picking up quality Wii U games as they clearance them out at Target.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

I no longer have this "must...own....every...console" mentality. I highly doubt that I'll be even the slightest bit tempted to buy one until it's either $100 or less OR a new Zelda game comes out.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

It's Nintendo, so I know there'll be good stuff for it. I won't wait in any lines, but the second the preorder goes up on Amazon you better believe I'll be snagging it.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.