So who actually plans on getting a Wii U

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Re: So who actually plans on getting a Wii U

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

I'll be getting a Wii U at launch for Nintendo games and I like staying on the cutting edge of technology. 8)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

I imagine I'll buy one at some point or another, barring some sort of lifestyle change.

As of yet I haven't seen a reason to buy one at launch, but I've almost never bought consoles like that anyway. If and when I see enough games I want on the thing, I'll buy one. I don't doubt there will eventually be, but they don't even have pricing info out, much less a launch lineup.
puke_face

Post by puke_face »

I have decided that I am done buying the latest consoles after this generation. I don't really have time/money anymore with the wife/kid to play the most current, as well as my retro collections. The only thing I might give into would be the PSP Vita, but I'll hold off until it gets more games under it's belt. I haven't bought a new game since Battlefield 3 came out. As circumstances in my life have changed, I am noticing that I have very limited time to game. Before I got married and had a kid, I was logging a solid 6 hours a night. Now I'm lucky to get in 6 hours a week. On top of that, my Wii is the least played console I own... I think the last time I turned it on was last August?

Short answer to the question.. No, I won't be getting a Wii U.
mister j-y
24-bit

Post by mister j-y »

I'm with Curly Paul, will deffo get one if I've got the money if not on launch day then very soon after
Systems: PS3, XBox360, Wii-U, New 3DS XL, DC, oXBox, GC (w/GB Player), PSP, DS, GBA, SNES, Megadrive, GB
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

Post by AznKhmerBoi »

Personally i dont really like the design of the system, but the controllers looks nice and seeing nintendo franchises on hd hardware will be jaw dropping. Just like simplehumar ill wait this time around instead of jumping the gun like i did with the 3ds.
PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

sabrage
Next-Gen

Post by sabrage »

AznKhmerBoi wrote:Personally i dont really like the design of the system, but the controllers looks nice and seeing nintendo franchises on hd hardware will be jaw dropping. Just like simplehumar ill wait this time around instead of jumping the gun like i did with the 3ds.

I think simple is doing the opposite of what you just said.

I might buy one just to flip it day one on ebay. Depends on what the launch price is, but I don't plan on getting one myself until severaly years down the line (if at all)
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

Post by AznKhmerBoi »

^ ohh hahah sorry, yea flipping it wouldnt be too shabby either :d
PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

GigaPepsiMan
64-bit

Post by GigaPepsiMan »

I stopped day 1'ing consoles after the original wii, this time I think I'll stick with what I have until they are well and truely dead. By the time I play and complete every single game I want to play the wii U will probably be a few years old, I'm fne with that, it took me 10 years to finish up every game cube game I want to play, imagine how long it would take for me to do the same with the PS2 and 360?
k.vlaros
64-bit

Post by k.vlaros »

If all or almost all of my Virtual Console purchases are transferable, I'll buy the Wii U on launch day. I'd even wait in line for it. I want to see Nintendo working in high def and I want my Wii games over HDMI.

And to a prior comment, it has already been stated by Nintendo that the WiiU will not "upres" Wii games. The best you could hope for is it has a scaler to "enlarge" the image to 720p (and even then that that scaler will be of better quality than your TV's, which is an open question), but the more likely scenario is the output will drop to 480p when in Wii mode, continuing the 'mostly hardware-based' backwards compatibility Nintendo has implemented with GB -> GBA, GBA -> DS, and GC -> Wii.
Icedawg
24-bit

Post by Icedawg »

I have owned a PS3 and 360 briefly in the past (maybe combined a month)... I still have a deep down desire to play some video games that aren't 16 bit, so maybe at some point I shall check this out...